Anonymous

Who can I call about a possible serial killer?

I'm a 25 yr old female DJ. For the past week, I've been getting calls (from a restricted number) in response to a craigslist ad I had posted (in which I was seeking a disc jockey position in NYC. it had links to my myspace page.)

The first time he called, it was a restricted # and he said his name was Dave and that he was the owner of a bar called "Forum" in Soho. I declined the offer, because I did a web search and yellow pages search, and found no such bar.

Two days later I got two missed calls from "RESTRICTED" and on the third I answered. It was him again---this time using the name "Alex" and slightly disguising his voice---he claimed to be the head manager at Buddha Bar in Manhattan, and wanted to "meet up somewhere" to discuss the possibility of DJing for the bar. I just had this bad feeling, like this guy wanted to rape, torture and murder me. So I said "This is a bad time. How about I call you back at Buddha Bar tonight?" He abruptly and sternly said "No no no. It would be better for me if I could call yoooou back. I umm---Its hard to get ahold of me there when its busy. And uhhh----my uhhh----my cell phone is running out of batteries."

I hung up and called Buddha Bar immediately. They have no manager named Alex and they are not seeking a disc jockey.

WTF!

Is there a way to find out what the phone number he called from was?

I want to make sure he doesn't try and lure anyone else in.

• mark k
    Favorite Answer

Hello first thing girl these nutcases most of them are intelligent I wouldn't pursue anything on your own But it does sound like something the police should be informed of. I doubt that they will be able to do anything at this point because no crime has been committed. You may want to look into changing your phone #. I don''t know what to tell you about your business of being a DJ. Perhaps for the near future you may want to have someone watching when you go to and from your your gigs. Does this guy know what you call your business? That concerns me if he does.

DJ'ing in NYC? Placing Craigslist ads? Sorry, but you sorta are looking for trouble/wierdos. I mean, it's great that you're a DJ, but some may think of "celebrity" DJ's like Samantha Ronson, etc. & these people might be wierd celebrity stalkers or something.

Yes, alert the police. And good instincts on your part.

Call the police and they will direct you what to do. There is really nothing in what you said that indicates that this guy is a serial killer. He may be weird and unsavory, but it does not necessarily mean he is a killer. You did right by not giving him your phone number. Don't bother to take any more of his calls.

Call the police. See if they can find some way to get a machine that traces calls.

Change your number. You cant go to the police because he didnt threaten you. Be careful who you give your number out to next time.

He is obviously some sort of freak wanting to get you alone, or even just talk on the phone, why not just write down the details, and inform the police of your suspicions.

Call the police now!

Source(s): babeguhh♥

go to the police immediatly becaus ethe people who call u can find ot where you live.

too long to read..... call the police maybe