Would you accept strangers who try to connect with you on Facebook?

Hi. I've had 3 friend requests recently from people on Facebook that I don't know. I play a lot of the applications on there like quizzes etc. so it's possible they saw my pic on that. My profile is set to private so they can't see any of my personal stuff unless I connect back with them. Would you... show more Hi. I've had 3 friend requests recently from people on Facebook that I don't know. I play a lot of the applications on there like quizzes etc. so it's possible they saw my pic on that. My profile is set to private so they can't see any of my personal stuff unless I connect back with them.
Would you allow strangers to be your friend on Facebook or do you think it could be dangerous as they would then have access to your personal info?

Thanks for answering.
Update: I should have mentioned, two of them are African and one of them is Middle Eastern. I'm Irish so I'm not sure what they would have in common with me.