Me
Lv 6
Me asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know the complete list of 100 songs Johnny Cash gave to Rosanne Cash?

Her new CD has15 songs from a list of 100 Johnny gave her on her 18th birthday because he felt she was being influenced too much by what was being played on the radio at the time.He called it the 100 best songs of all time. Anyone know of any links that may have the complete list?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This according to an interview with Rodney Crowell (Roseanne's ex)

"Roseanne noted that when she turned 18 and evinced an interest in a career as a c&w musician, her father gave her a list of 100 essential country western songs. Learn these, Cash related her father telling her, and you'll have a solid basis in the whole style. The list was not some museum archive, either - according to Ms. Cash, the list was classics and old Carter Family tunes, plus country protest songs, plus newer stuff. Also, the list is missing. Ms. Cash hopes to find it someday."

• 4 years ago

List Of Johnny Cash Songs

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does anyone know the complete list of 100 songs Johnny Cash gave to Rosanne Cash?

Her new CD has15 songs from a list of 100 Johnny gave her on her 18th birthday because he felt she was being influenced too much by what was being played on the radio at the time.He called it the 100 best songs of all time. Anyone know of any links that may have the complete list?

Source(s): complete list 100 songs johnny cash gave rosanne cash: https://shortly.im/vLlX7
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is highly unlikely that the list of 100 songs is available publicly. Do check out her website (below).

"(Roseanne) Cash says that, while she has started writing songs of her own again, she hopes to do a second volume of songs from her father’s List at some point, and then make sure that the full 100 songs are archived properly."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I like a lot Tennessee Flat Top Box September When It Comes Seven Year Ache

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aylGM

"It's Such a Small World" with her then-husband, Rodney Crowell.

• 1 decade ago

I WOULD SAY IT IS A PRIVATE MATER i like her singing sea of heartbreak

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.