Is it possible to get software for speech recognition (windows XP and Word 2007)?

I have windows XP and Office 2007, and apparently Office 2007 was designed to work with a component of XP when it comes to speech recognition. What I need is something that I can just dictate my notes to that will turn them into text. Does such a wonderful thing exist? Or is it all based on whatever is missing... show more I have windows XP and Office 2007, and apparently Office 2007 was designed to work with a component of XP when it comes to speech recognition.

What I need is something that I can just dictate my notes to that will turn them into text. Does such a wonderful thing exist? Or is it all based on whatever is missing from my XP/2007 mix?
Update: I have windows XP and Office 2007, and apparently Office 2007 was designed to work with a component of XP when it comes to speech recognition. What I need is something that I can just dictate my notes to that will turn them into text. Does such a wonderful thing exist? Or is it all based on whatever is missing... show more I have windows XP and Office 2007, and apparently Office 2007 was designed to work with a component of XP when it comes to speech recognition.

Also - of course - free would be best!