What is the best way to unstop a slow drain without resorting to liquid plumber?

My bathroom sink is partially clogged. It drains very slowly so the water isn't able to take things down the drain (toothpaste residue, stubble from shaving, etc.). The only thing that could be clogging the drain could be would be hair from my beard, sometimes which I shave all the way off to start over. ... show more My bathroom sink is partially clogged. It drains very slowly so the water isn't able to take things down the drain (toothpaste residue, stubble from shaving, etc.). The only thing that could be clogging the drain could be would be hair from my beard, sometimes which I shave all the way off to start over. What would be the best method to use to try to unstop it without resorting to a product like liquid plumber, or would that be my best bet?