Noooo Lark! Gimme back my faceless long-lost imaginary friend I left on the bus!!
You have to let him go now!
To anyone else who reads this, I swear I'm not on anything ... yet. I totally have to get drugged up in about an hour.
Should be great.
I like this question. And because I am officially on SUMMER HOLIDAYS, I do not feel guilty about spending an hour to answer it.
First off, my table is going to be round, with a red and white checkered tablecloth - like the picnic rug sort, so everyone can sit around it, grinning stupidly at each other, and we can have staring competitions.
The twelve I'd bring, would be:-
*** The Mad Hatter. I need some competition. Lately I've been classed in the top ten most insane people in my year, because I decided that spinning around in circles, doing lolly-pop steps across the main quad and singing "Party in the USA" at the top of my lungs would be fun.
And to think I wasn't under the influence of anything!
The Mad Hatter and I could have an 'insanity-off!'
*** Second would be Mr. Potato Head. For sure. I've always wanted to dine with a potato.
*** Third would be SKYLARK! (aka Dami). Because a) you're an inspiration to everything I do and b) you'll bring a pot of good food.
I'm kidding about b) by the way.
Plus, who doesn't want to meet one of their role models? It'd be whacktastic!
*** Next is my Y!A contact, Lyra. Lyra is seriously the cheese to my macaroni. She's great. She's my favourite little crackpot :p
Another one of my role models! I only have a few of these.
I mean, as much as I hate Lyra and her frequently spamming my inbox, I actually kind of love her.
*** Fifth would be Fitzwilliam Darcy - froth. Who wouldn't want a man like Darcy at their dinner? He'd be so gallant! I don't know many gallant guys. I'd love a guy to stand when I entered the room.
*** Sixth is definitely JK Rowling. Discussions of Harry Potter for hours, anyone? It's like a dream come true :D
NOTE: I have to edit this later because I'm expected at the doctor - I don't want to be quarantined at Sydney Airport tomorrow morning.
I'll come back, extremely drugged up and extend this with strange details ...
You can keep my imaginary friend locked in your mind a little while longer :p
Continuing, now that my hands are vibrating and my pupils are dilated.
*** Seventh person at my dinner party is my Y!A contact, Joshms. I initially wanted to marry Joshms, but no. He's already engaged.
He can come anyway. I think I should just invite all my Y!A contacts to this shindig.
Joshms is really cool. That's why he's coming.
*** Shelby Shazam comes next, by default.
Kidding. She's coming because she's exciting.
Shelby is insane, but in a good way. Like, I'll read something she says, and seriously laugh so hard at it.
(Why am I having chicken soup in 35 degree heat?)
*** Origin, come next, because we're getting married. Fo shiz.
*** Tenth person at my feast would be Frank Sinatra. I don't know, I really admire Sinatra. He is one of my top 5 musicians of all time.
I have over 20 songs of his on my iPod. He's great. So many great songs have been written from his music.
*** Eleventh person would be BATMAN! Like, seriously. Who wouldn't want Batman at their Thanksgiving dinner?
*** And finally, I'll give the last seat on my table to my grandmother, who died in early 2006.
I miss her :(
She had such a nice house, and when I went up to Northern Australia to visit her, all my other family would be there too. I seldom see them, now that she's gone.
She was a fantastic chef too.
1) I wouldn't make up a holiday! I'd love to celebrate Thanksgiving one year. They had the NY parade on TV yesterday, and it looked great!
Australia really does nothing like that. I mean, we have Mardi Gras, and that's about the best parade we have - celebrating homosexuality.
Plus, I know how much Thanksgiving means to you guys, so we'd keep it traditional.
But I'm bringing Vegemite. I don't care what you say.
2) Dinner ... Turkey? What else do you eat at Thanksgiving?
@ Origin: No, I didn't know that! Because the only Thanksgiving experience I've had is when I watched that episode of the Simpson's and Bart ran away from home.
But, I'd make sweet potato casserole (courtesy of Joshms: sweet potato, marshmallows, baked)
Also, VEGAN food! For you, Lark. I really admire you being a vegan. My little sister is a vegetarian, and her food is so much better than mine.
3) Hogwarts ... Obviously.
4) We are gonna to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited.
Or we can just play Twister.
5) * Mad Hatter: I admire your insanity - bring it on.
* Potatohead: You are amazing.
* Lark: Thank you, Lark. Your actions have always been admired by not only myself, but others too. Everything you do (singing, writing, art, dance) is amazing.
You make me wish I'd never quit ballet or art, or pushed my singing to a further level.
* Lyra: Dearest Lyra! You are my favourite. Forever and ever. Thank you for always making me smile :)
Thank you for being a friend, despite the distance.
Thank you for caring.
* Darcy: You are amazing, and I wish that there was a man like you for every girl.
* JK Rowling: Thank you for writing Harry Potter. So much of my life has been owed to this novel.
* Joshms: Thanks for being a friend and for making me laugh. Distance is a problem here, again. But if we knew each other IRL, I think we'd be pretty good mates.
* Shelby: Thank you for being so entertaining. Some of the things you say absolutely make my day.
If there was a test for sense of humour, you'd get 100%
* Origin: I want an Aztec themed wedding.
* Sinatra: I have always admired your music. Your voice is fantastic. Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing.
* Batman: You have the most insane car ever.
* Grandma: I miss you, so very much. If I could see you one last time, I would apologise for the lack of communication between us.
And how it broke my heart when you didn't recognise me right before you died.
Thanks for this, Lark.
I'm off to your homeland tomorrow :)
@ Lyra: Aww!! ♥
@ Felix: Queens Birthday Holiday = amazing.
I totally agree with you about the holiday thing, though. Australia Day is going to be awesome next year!