Need something that can haul 2 dirtbikes (or pull a trailer) that gets decent gas mileage?

I need to get a new truck, right now I have a 1991 S-10 Blazer 4x4 with a 4.3L V6, and I get about 20 highway, 16-17 city. Thats being really light on the throttle, with good street tires inflated properly, and a decent running engine. I think the tranny is starting to go on it, plus I have had the truck for 6 years and I feel its time for something else.

I have 2 dirtbikes for me and my girlfriend, and we drive 50 miles sometimes to our favorite riding places. I need something that I can either haul a trailer or put the bikes in the bed. What I am after is good gas mileage. I have about $5,000 to spend which isn't much. I want to get about atleast 22 city, and hopefully around 27 highway. the more the better

4 Answers

Relevance
  • duke
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

get a toyota tacoma trd off road 5-speed and with the 3.4l v6 i get around 22 hwy and 25 city (i drive a high gear at low speeds)i have no problem with pulling power (i haven't pulled a trailer but with a yz250 and a tt-r250 i can barley tell the difference)

the only down fall is that with 5k your looking at a 98

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A good running Ford ranger with a 4 cylinder, 5 speed will get that kind of mileage. If you can find an early 80's Mazda or Toyota that isn't rusted beyond use, it will do about the same.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that's about as good as ur going to get with a truck.....unless u happen to find a diesel......but they don't really make those anymore.....well not since 84 or so.....small truck best u can get is about 23 or so highway with the 4-bangers....but not really worth it in the towing loss......

i hav a 97 sonoma with the 2.2L and a 5 speed and only average about 22-24 mph......and i would NOT recommend them to any one....they are POS...... u can find some trucks with factory stickers that may say 27 hwy but never found 1 that actually gets it.....

now my dads old 82 mazda diesel used to get 33 city and more hwy but u cant get parts for it anymore....well not economically......good luck

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.