Need something that can haul 2 dirtbikes (or pull a trailer) that gets decent gas mileage?

I need to get a new truck, right now I have a 1991 S-10 Blazer 4x4 with a 4.3L V6, and I get about 20 highway, 16-17 city. Thats being really light on the throttle, with good street tires inflated properly, and a decent running engine. I think the tranny is starting to go on it, plus I have had the truck for 6 years and I feel its time for something else.

I have 2 dirtbikes for me and my girlfriend, and we drive 50 miles sometimes to our favorite riding places. I need something that I can either haul a trailer or put the bikes in the bed. What I am after is good gas mileage. I have about $5,000 to spend which isn't much. I want to get about atleast 22 city, and hopefully around 27 highway. the more the better

• duke
    Favorite Answer

get a toyota tacoma trd off road 5-speed and with the 3.4l v6 i get around 22 hwy and 25 city (i drive a high gear at low speeds)i have no problem with pulling power (i haven't pulled a trailer but with a yz250 and a tt-r250 i can barley tell the difference)

the only down fall is that with 5k your looking at a 98

A good running Ford ranger with a 4 cylinder, 5 speed will get that kind of mileage. If you can find an early 80's Mazda or Toyota that isn't rusted beyond use, it will do about the same.

that's about as good as ur going to get with a truck.....unless u happen to find a diesel......but they don't really make those anymore.....well not since 84 or so.....small truck best u can get is about 23 or so highway with the 4-bangers....but not really worth it in the towing loss......

i hav a 97 sonoma with the 2.2L and a 5 speed and only average about 22-24 mph......and i would NOT recommend them to any one....they are POS...... u can find some trucks with factory stickers that may say 27 hwy but never found 1 that actually gets it.....

now my dads old 82 mazda diesel used to get 33 city and more hwy but u cant get parts for it anymore....well not economically......good luck

• ?

Good luck