What does everybody think about Obama Winning the Nobel Peace Prize?

What does everybody think about Obama Winning the Nobel Peace Prize? Do you think he really deserved the nobel peace prize?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Like the Pulitzer Prize for journalism, along with the Oscar and Emmy for film and television, the Nobel Peace Prize is an inside job in which liberal, wishful-thinking humanists give awards to each other.

For all I care, the Nobel Committee could have given their useless (except for the money) prize to Homer Simpson.. Like President Obama, Homer has done nothing to earn it, though he may be the only character who has been on TV more than the president.

Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad could win the Nobel Peace Prize in an instant if he announced his god had told him not to eradicate Israel, or usher in Armageddon. But Ahmadinejad won't, because he is evil and must be defeated. Neither will he respond to negotiations, or sanctions. Same with Osama bin Laden. The United Nations would welcome him as a speaker and the Nobel Committee would award him their top prize if he would announce he no longer believes in terrorism and has become a follower of the Dali Lama or some other "acceptable" pseudo-deity. He also will do no such thing because he is evil and must be defeated.

The Nobel Committee believes George W. Bush is evil, but apparently not bin Laden or Ahmadinejad. It cringes at leaders who wish to overcome evil by force rather than have the forces of evil overcome them. o_O

• 1 decade ago

What i think is that he shouldn't be getting the Nobel prize yet because he only has been in the office for a couple of months. Plus To earn a Nobel prize, you must do something special. I never seen him done anything special yet.

• 3 years ago

before everything, i don't think of it became into in any way a "dumb" decision. seem- Barack Obama did not drop from yet another planet into the Oval place of work final January. He had written 2 books, and became into actively campaigning for 2 years until eventually now the election. He has a history of community provider, passing up a six-determine each year earnings to artwork to greater effective the lives of the folk in his community, and he spoke eloquently and forcefully approximately his perspectives of ways united statesa. must be made greater effective in all styles of techniques. In different words, the nomination became into not made in line along with his 3 weeks of his easily Presidency. won't be able to for the life of me confirm WHY it rather is so complicated for human beings to draw close. As to why the conservatives are offended? As a political determine stated, "If President Obama got here up with a answer for international starvation, the conservatives could be screaming that over-inhabitants became into his fault." that's not suitable what President Obama does- he's damned if he does, and he's damned if he would not as far because of the fact the conservatives are worried. Can anyone say 'Racism'? And yet another element- 'provide it decrease back" Beck, and "I gotta part with Al Quida in this one." Limbaugh could desire to have their shows yanked off the air. If a liberal speaking head had uttered those sentences, the cons could be in an out-of-administration uproar. they seem to be a gaggle of under-reported, fact-disadvantaged, racist rednecks incapable of formulating an opinion different than what they regurgitate from clusterfox 'information'. Sorry to return throughout as ranting, yet i'm SO fed-up with $#!t from the properly suited, i ought to barf.

• 1 decade ago

It was fixed!

From the get go it was fixed and he should have refused the prize if he had any wisdom about it at all. He didn't.

I've lost a lot of respect for that man. The acceptance of a prize he clearly did not deserve drove down what little respect I had left for him to the ground.

The announcement surprised the hell out of me and his acceptance disappointed me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I always believed that actions speak louder than words. He won the Nobel without any qualifaications and he was elected without any qulifications. The Media and the ultra Liberals feel it necessary to laud over this man, yet his numbers keep falling.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Well done is better than well said"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course he deserved it. He was nominated shortly after letting the world how UNlike George W. Bush he was, and then he was given the award when he proved it. That would be enough to get a medal in most counties.

• 1 decade ago

The Prize has "jumped the shark". In pushing the agenda it's been known for, for decades, it's blatantly gone overboard in supporting what it hoped Obama would get done and permanently damaged it's relevance.

• 1 decade ago

It is truly laughable. Sad they couldn't find someone in this world more deserving of the prize than that narcissist. It has also shown how little the prize means these days.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He deserves it a lot more than that phony Al Gore. He is such a fake and his ideas on the environment aren't even his own. Obama is a man of integrity and has already made a big difference by being the man that he is. A man of conscience and wisdom and a man who will see that the world will be a better place. His steps towards that are the reason he was given the award.

• mary
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It has become such a joke it is downright embarrassing.

He is a fraud since day one anyway.

bowing to the Saudis, the emperor, and next thing you know to BURGER KING.

PEACE PRIZE MEANS NOTHING ANYMORE. THE MONEY HE GETS FROM THAT SHOULD BE DONATED TO A CHARITY.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.