Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lexi
Lv 6

Happy Celebrate the Genocide of Native Americans Day! Are you going to kill a large defenseless bird now?

in commemoration? It's really only fitting, if we want to remain true to the nature of the events we're celebrating.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh hell yeah.

• alessi
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I agree there became some genocide, yet you're able to desire to evaluate that lots of the death got here from ecu-presented illnesses, and on the time no one knew what brought about the illnesses. i'm from Hawaii, and a great style of community Hawaiians died from STDs, smallpox and typhoid fever, and later started out contracting tuberculosis. Isolation creates a gene pool much less able to fend off what human beings could tolerate. Slavery is a distinctive difficulty, and the U. S. adventure became a small fraction of the slavery in the recent international. there have been slaves throughout history, and that maintains immediately (witness the earlier years of enslavement of southern Christian Sudanese via northern Arab Muslims). each and every united states of america has its dark previous, and the U. S. has as a rule tried to make amends (no longer complete, yet fairly). that does no longer decrease the fact that united statesa. has been a international ability for awhile, and that the yankee lifestyle is extremely unique in the international. apart from slaves who have been extra here from Africa (and a great style of of their descendents) and community human beings, each and every person else got here to affix a grand test stated as the yankee Dream. Many have succeeded, some have not, alongside with too many community peoples and descendents of African slaves.

• 1 decade ago

Nobody's celebrating the genocide of Native Americans. This holiday is about the fact that the pilgrims were thankful for getting through their first winter. Yes, eventually relations with the Native Americans soured, but that's not what this holiday is about. Are we not to celebrate any American holidays because relations between Americans and Native Americans were bad? And in modern times it's just a holiday to gather with family and celebrate the things you're thankful for.

Just relax and have some stuffing if you aren't into turkey. Enjoy being with your family.

• 1 decade ago

I agree. I guess you can look at it as celebrating the harvest but honestly, do we celebrate anything the way it was intended (i.e. Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, or even Labor Day?!) I don't see the point - we have supermarkets and refrigerators. We aren't going to starve this winter!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. I am celebrating thanksgiving. You know that holiday where we remember the pilgrims first winter at Plymouth. We give thanks to God for all the blessings we have. We don't whine and gripe about stuff we can't change. Maybe you have never heard about this holiday before.

*sigh*. Sheesh. Freaky pacifist

• 1 decade ago

Do "kill" and "cook" have the same connotation?

By the way-- I completely agree. Congrats!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good god use your friggin brain for better things!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.