How do you make "better-than-sex" cake?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Now before you tell me to google it myself, I have, and I haven't found the recipe I'm looking for. Usually I can recreate any recipe in my head just by tasting the dish but I ...show more
Update : Paula: That is an AMAZING idea, thank you! I think I'll do just that.
Update 2: OMG Lisa F, thank you so much, that sounds like EXACTLY the cake I'm ...show more
Best Answer
What you are describing sounds like what my family calls Dirt Pudding, Dirt Pie or Dirt Cake (everyone has a different name for it) it is basically a pudding concoction with cream cheese layered with Oreos. I imagine someone just gave it the "Better than Sex" name because, well it kind of IS.

Here is my family recipe for Dirt Pudding with some variations for making it different ways.
PS: if you ever get stuck for a recipe and know some of the ingredients, try out a website called Allrecipes.com and use their advanced search, you can list what ingredients it has and ask it to omit other ingredients, until you narrow it down and it usually finds the recipe you are looking for. I have used it so many times to come up with a recipe for something I ate at a potluck or church dinner and didn't have the name of. Very Handy...

DIRT PIE
1 large bag oreo cookies
1 c. confectioners (powdered) sugar
1/2 stick softened butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
3 1/2 c. milk
1 (12 oz.) container cool whip

Chop Oreo cookies in food processor until cookies look like dirt.

Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.

Blend pudding, milk and Cool Whip together.

Combine pudding and cream cheese mixture together until lumps are smooth.

Starting with a layer of cookies on the bottom of your dish, alternate layers of cookies and cream ending with cookies on top.
(I use a 9 x 13 sheet cake pan, but I have seen it served in plastic flower pots, a childs sand pail and using a little plastic shovel for serving it, and some people decorate the top with gummy worms but I think that ruins the whole thing, they are simply for presentation, some people also use rock candy... or any kind of cookies, candy or whatever that looks like it would go along with the "dirt" theme).
I hope this is what your looking for, it sounds just like what you described, if it's not, try this sometime it is delicious!

Source:

Family recipe
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Paula answered 4 years ago
    Hmmm...if I were you, I'd give it up as a bad job (it's very confusing) and make a good trifle instead with brandy and whipped cream...always thought that was better than sex!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock