?
? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Yet another "which book was this?" question...?

I remember a tiny phrase from an audiobook I heard when I was about 12, I guess it was based off a regular kids' book but I can't for the life of me remember the title.

The phrase was this little song:

"Nobody sleeps, nobody knows,

Swiftly and swiftly and bottle the rose."

I think it was sung by characters called Gaolbirds, literally birds that fly around inside a gaol cell. The main character of the book was a young girl I think and for some reason she went to this magical castle inhabited by strange creatures that resembled animals, but were all horrible. There was a disgustingly fat chef, and a farmer might have been an armadillo and was obsessed with his quotar. Any idea what this book could be?

It's kind of important to me because that song stuck with me for years and I don't know what it means.

Favorite Answer

i saw a movie that sounds like this.(i think it was original a book) http://abcfamily.go.com/abcfamily/path/section_Mov...

it was about a guy that falls in love with a princess. the princess was living in a castle with magical creatures. they had to go save the next princess to be.

---hope this helps!!!

Source(s): abc family.com