My boss crossed the line, when he told me my photography "sucked" how to appropriately deal with it?

I am a graphic designer, and I do good work,. I graduated 5 years ago, and most people love my work. Of course I can't please everyone, but usually when people express what they want, I can see it in my mind's eye and produce it for them. I've produced good graphics for this company, and I have been... show more I am a graphic designer, and I do good work,. I graduated 5 years ago, and most people love my work.
Of course I can't please everyone, but usually when people express what they want, I can see it in my mind's eye and produce it for them. I've produced good graphics for this company, and I have been making drastic improvements with everything I touch, since the person before me, well wasn't good at graphics. The position I'm in, is not just graphics. I'm doing a lot of other office stuff, database management, web stuff, organizing, coordinating, so it's not like I have all day to focus, on stuff. I actually brought in my OWN camera equipment because all they had was a crappy point in click camera. I've been taking pictures and they have been happy. They paid a photographer to take some product shots, and I do just as good if not better, (not a talented photographer) So I go out into the field to take some shots of the product in action. I thought that for spending a half day, taking 200 images, then bringing them back and photoshoping them, they were some pretty decent images. SOOO much better than the last lady. I'm using a Nikon d50, with a crappy lens and a tripod... so one of my bosses saw some the pictures, and I was really happy with them. He told me that they "sucked". I asked "why", he said well this is too dark, and this and that... slight variations He has no background whatsoever to know what he's talking about.
I don't have the equipment needed for high grade professional shots.
This is my OWN equipment. I told him if he dosn't like it, buy me the equipment that is needed, or hire a REAL professional photographer, not some random guy with an ad in the yellow pages.
Another factor is, this company has been fine with crappy graphics for the past ten years, (i'm serious, I'm not just saying that)
now there are some new bosses, to my boss. They understand the importance of good graphics, and I am redoing our catalog top to bottom, and a whole bunch of other stuff. The new bosses I don't think would let me do all this work, if they didn't see that i was a capable designer. There were lots of complements and thumbs up on the last product campaign. So all my old bosses know, is that the new bosses want quality, but they don't know how to get there. SO their approach is to try to put the hammer down on me, and to raise their standards of quality. They think by putting down my work, that somehow this will produce better results. BUT there is only so much I can do within their budget. I found a great local photographer who is very talented and reasonable prices.

They are very harsh and critical now, How do I react professional, and also tell them, yo, this is unappopiate., this is not how you treat your designers, I am not a miracle worker.

What are some good ways to handle the situation?

I feel that this is not good, if he wants something different, then he can say it in a more communicative way.
I feel that I need to take my equipment home, so they can learn to appreciate what I offer to this company.
How would you handle this?
Update: look, the problem is, the boss is not defing what he wants. He has major communication issues with the whole corporation. he actually go demoted recently. there are several complaints with several departments with his behavior. I stand behind my work. He doesn't understand that a photo you take that maybe... show more look, the problem is, the boss is not defing what he wants. He has major communication issues with the whole corporation. he actually go demoted recently. there are several complaints with several departments with his behavior.
I stand behind my work. He doesn't understand that a photo you take that maybe boring, is GREAT for something that has text over it, or for a background etc...
Update 2: Old Mr Happy, if you have 45 years in business, then obviously you are old, and you don't have the understanding of today's business practices. You sound like an abusive boss, and I feel sorry for anyone that had to work for you. My photography in the past was fine, my graphics have been proven. In... show more Old Mr Happy, if you have 45 years in business, then obviously you are old, and you don't have the understanding of today's business practices.

You sound like an abusive boss, and I feel sorry for anyone that had to work for you.

My photography in the past was fine, my graphics have been proven. In fact while in college and taking PROFESSIONAL LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHY!, the professor loved my work, and wanted me to switch majors.
It's completely unprofessional and abusive of my boss, to simply say "it sucks", when they don't suck, they are just not what he is looking for, and he dosn't know how to communicate that, and is feeling the heat of the higher ups.
The higher ups TRUST MY ABILTITES,
I put together a whole campaign for a project, photography, graphics etc. and it was a HIT!
otherwise they would hire an outside agency. PLUS, may I remind you that the job at hand, has MANY hats. My boss is just not used to having to deal with us, and passing his stress onto me, he dosn't know how
Update 3: to handle a project like this. I'm not going to tollerate crap from assholes like you, or him.
That is not how you get a project done, and he will completely fair if he continues to handle it this nature.
Update 4: WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT SPELLING AND GRAMMER.! I DON'T. SO DONT' BE JUDGING PEOPLE ON YAHOO ANSWERS
I'M A DESIGNER NOT A ******* JOURNALIST.