What can you say about the members of the Society of Jesus?

This is a congregation of Catholic priests.

I am just curious on how others define them through their perception.

Favorite Answer

As Sidgman said, they are an order of priest who are mainly school teachers and college professors. I went to a Jesuit university so I have a very high opinion of the Jesuits. They have a reputation as egghead intellectuals. In some ways, they are liberal Catholics. Their universities teach evolution, for example. The US Jesuits had a bit of a run-in with the Pope over the abortion issue in the 2008 election. The pope and the Catholic hierarchy said quite bluntly that abortion is the most important issue of the day and Catholics in good conscience cannot vote for a pro-abortion candidate. The Jesuits countered that there are many important issues today including health care, education, feeding the hungry etc.

http://www.jesuit.org/

They are fine scholarly men known more commonly as the Jesuits.

I am sure that you would have gotten much more comments if you used the word Jesuist