Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 decade ago

Where can I get a single ESD bag?

The bags that computer hardware are packaged in to prevent static discharging on sensitive components.. I need one to ship a harddrive back for a warranty replacement and the warranty is voided if it isn't in one of these bags

They are sold in bulk but I need 1 not 100

I posted on Craigslist hoping someone in my area had one lying around

I kept the bags when I bought my video card and harddrive(i'm a pack rat :D) but my girlfriend threw them out because she thought they were junk LOL

• TV guy
    Favorite Answer

Call them up and ask them if they can send you one. It is rather stupid. If the drive is dead already, why do you need an ESD bug?

Or tell them to ship you the good drive and you will use the packaging to send them the bad drive. They can charge you if they don't receive the bad drive within say 10 days.