Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If Sarah Palin is such a patriot, why did she support the Alaskan Independence Party which favored secession?

Favorite Answer

No, her husband supported the Alaskan Independence Party, not Sarah. If memory serves me correctly, in the US, women are still allowed to have opinions diverse from their husband"s.

Or do you think women are still chattel of their husband?

• todd palin was a member, and sarah palin has spoken at their annual meetings before... on camera...

the AIP is in favor for the independence and seperation from the united states. it says so right on their website.

oh and to that one guy... yes... we are TERRIFIED of palin... she is such a blithering idiot and we dont know why she is so popular. she will completely destroy our country and be overwhelmed on the first day in office. she CANNOT and will not win against obama. you betcha...

“My government is my worst enemy. I’m going to fight them with any means at hand.” Joe Vogler, founder of the AIP

Vogler’s greatest moment of glory was to be his 1993 appearance before the United Nations to denounce United States “tyranny” before the entire world and to demand Alaska’s freedom. The Alaska secessionist had persuaded the government of Iran to sponsor his anti-American harangue.

That’s right … Iran. The Islamic dictatorship. The taker of American hostages. The rogue nation that McCain and Palin have excoriated Obama for suggesting we diplomatically engage. That Iran.

Imagine if Michelle Obama had joined some Black Panther type of black radical group that called for armed resistance against the government? The media would be having a field day, but here the Palin's associate and encourage the AIP to "keep up the good work" What work? Raising funds to separate Alaska from the United States?

A final Joe Vogler quote: "The fires of Hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government and I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson, and when Alaska is an independent nation, they can bring my bones home, back to my country."

She didn't. Her husband did for a time. The closest she ever came was the phrase "Keep up the good work" to a convention of that party; interpret it how you like, but many view it as nothing more an acknowledgment of the open discussion of ideas, which is a vital part of the political process, no?

She has belonged only to the Republican Party

Be it Known I am a member of the Alaska Independent Party

Sarah is not and never has been ( check your talking points before your run your mouth)

Sarah's husband is a member (or was)

For the record AIP does not favor secession they believe that they should have the vote that they were deprived of by the federal government (Here again a lib running their mouth and not knowing what they are talking about)

Exactly why shouldn't a state be able to free itself from the tyranny of the federal government?

Nobody in Washington DC is honest, and they take my money and then won't give it back to my state unless we agree to their mandates.

Here you go again! Do you know there are thousands of Public Libraries in America?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=An2YZ...

• I can't think of anything more patriotic. We are a nation of states, not the other way around.

Conservatives will avoid this question like the H1N1 vaccine....

Sarah Palin only cares about one thing

MONEYYYY

She didnt. Your sourced article is a fraud.