what are the five main goals of the united states foriegn policy?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Foreign policy of the United States is the policy by which the United States interacts with foreign nations. United States foreign policy is highly influential on the world stage, as it is the only remaining superpower. The global reach of the United States is backed by a $14.3 trillion dollar economy, the largest national economy in the world, and a defense budget of $711 billion which accounts for approximately 50% of global military spending. The United States Secretary of State is the foreign minister of the United States and is the primary conductor of state-to-state diplomacy. The officially stated goals of the foreign policy of the United States, as mentioned in the Foreign Policy Agenda of the U.S. Department of State, are "to create a more secure, democratic, and prosperous world for the benefit of the American people and the international community."[1] In addition, the United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs states as some of its jurisdictional goals: "export controls, including nonproliferation of nuclear technology and nuclear hardware; measures to foster commercial intercourse with foreign nations and to safeguard American business abroad; International commodity agreements; international education; and protection of American citizens abroad and expatriation."[2] U.S. foreign policy has been the subject of much debate, criticism and praise both domestically and abroad.

Source(s): wikipedia encyclopedia.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

i won't be able to assert i help it yet, isolationism isn't completely stable, it ruined China some time past. i'm not sure of the targets, may well be an entire conspiracy you be attentive to, united statesa.'s prep. for imperialism. It already has a extensive protection rigidity. I say they'd desire to easily shrink its involvement, reason human beings worldwide huge do in comparison to united statesa. for it. The spend trillions each year on protection rigidity and protection. stable taxpayer money going in the direction of the deaths of yank troops. that money must be used for different issues the united statesa. preparation, you be attentive to united statesa. is known because of fact the main stupid usa ever???

• Msean
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I know you need a textbook type answer to please a teacher, but sometime when you are done with school and want to know what the real goals of US foreign policy are, read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".

• 1 decade ago

Wow! If their 5 goals properly explain Iraq and Afghanistan and state sponsored torture I'd be impressed!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

1. visit dictatorship countries

2.shake the hands of tyrants

3. offer friendship to terrorists

4.give aid to corrupt countries in exchange for not bombing us.

5. kiss the butts of all enemies.

OMAMAS foreign policy

Source(s): TO mkultra....what are you talking about, the only state sponsored torture is done by the state of Iraq and Afgan on each other. U.S. is trying to help innocent victims of those countries.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.