Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 1 decade ago

What is the fastest internet speed in Malaysia?

and how much does it cost monthly and who's the provider?

Favorite Answer

used at free area like mcD, starbuck etc better than you apply hehehe....

I am P1wimax user, $99 for 1.2mbps package.

Easily get 1.5mbps download & 0.4mbps upload and very consistent without disconnction unless super heavy downpour - this is only for the first 11 months until the POTONG advertisement.

Now getting 0.2mbps download & 0.05mbps upload and frequent disconnections - after the POTONG saga advert, reason is bcoz too many users choking the traffic now.

I live 350m from their base station & 800m from their regional office and getting this kind of service?

I also tried celcom $99 but they are a complete joke, disconnection on and off every 5-7 minutes.

I cant get TM Streamyx as told no avaialable port in my area.

I guess to get a reasonable internet connectivity, we cant stay in a posh area where internet penetration is super high like my area.

Now waiting for YTL to launch by mid next year hopefully as plan.

But the BIG question is,,, whats next after YTL, ie after i try all the ISP?

Malaysian ISP is really a joker....

At the moment, 4Mbps, TMNet Streamyx, RM268 per month.

Soon, 80Mbps, Maxis FTTH.

all the same. suck. use what ever you may have, if you lucky, sometimes the line is ok.