97 chevy cavalier Z24 HOC 2.4 wont stay on in idle?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Okay heres the problem. the car wont start when i try cranking it. Unless i put my foot on the gas at the same time as im trying to starting it. Once i let off the gas the car turns ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
was the tps sensor set with an ohm meter or was it one of the ones that didn't need to be,because a bad tps that isn't set right will cause this because it helps to govern the amount of gas that the engine receives,another thing that will cause this also is a bad oil pressure switch on that car ,you might want to check that also,good luck.

Source:

been a certified mechanic for 38 yrs now.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
idk im not sure i had just bought it cause the guy at the store said he had the same problem happening to him so i took his word and bought it. but i same thing car didnt work. i was told you need to reset the car computer so it can pick up the new tps sensor. i didnt get it. What should i do now.
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Nando answered 4 years ago
    try the mass air flow sensor it is located near the air filter box
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • don r answered 4 years ago
    Check the vacuum lines and check the air inlet downstream of the air filter- make sure there are no cracks in it. You can put a light in it as night and see it shine through any cracks.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block