What should I do as a backup career if I don't get into the nursing program?

I have been trying to get into the nursing program for the past 3 years and I will be applying again this year. My fear is that I won't get in again this year because I don't have straight A's and my GPA is 3.45. I have mostly a's and b's, but I do have 1 c in the first anatomy course. My... show more I have been trying to get into the nursing program for the past 3 years and I will be applying again this year. My fear is that I won't get in again this year because I don't have straight A's and my GPA is 3.45. I have mostly a's and b's, but I do have 1 c in the first anatomy course. My financial aid has ran out so I can't keep taking classes towards this. I do have all my prereques done so I don't really need to take any more, I would just retake some courses, but FA doesn't cover that and I don't have the money to pay for it. So basically I am stuck with the grades I have and I just need to keep applying. I don't want to waste anymore time though, because we have two kids and we need to start earning more money right away. My husband works right now but I don't . I have been looking for a cna job, but they just don't make enough money to live on and so I'm not even sure if I want to waste my time with it. I am certified, it wouldn't work as a long term job, so why do it? I need to start coming up with a backup plan in case I don't get into nursing. the only other thing that I am interested in is maybe an office job or an accounting job. To really make enough money as an accountant , don't you have to have a Bachelor's degree? I could try and get an associates degree, but do that even make much money and what type of job could I get with just an associates degree in accounting? If you have an associates degree in accounting could you tell me what type of job you were able to get and do you make good money doing it? Is it worth getting just an associates? Also, if I got it could I get a bachelors later, if my associates degree isn't the transfer degree, but rather just an associates of applied science in accounting?Please, I need ideas on what I should do. Thanks so much.
1 answer 1