Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Would you be happy or sad if the government took steps to make organized religion a less profitable industry?

I’d be happy, in fact, I think I’d even have an orgasm. Organized religion is such a negative influence upon humanity and yet it is so profitable for so many con artists, charlatans, frauds, quacks and swindlers. These douche bags are the absolute scum of society, the bane of humanity! They are taking advantage of a human weakness, they are spreading this weakness and they are profiting off the misery they make like parasites. Would you feel as though your freedom is jeopardized if the government said to these crooks, “You’ll have to go and get real jobs because you can no longer make a living by exploiting vulnerable people and weakening humanity”?

Favorite Answer

I'd be happy!

Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY! Happy, happ

• John S

I'd be happy too, I agree that there are frauds in religion, as their are in every industry... Credit Card companies.. now there con artists and thiefs even MORE then organized religion. Lobbyists.. talk about a drain on the economy and source of corruption. Investment Brokers like that Madoff guy who swindled billions.. how those types need to be stopped. Evil corporations like Enron etc. who defraud investors.. laws need to be passed to stop them too.

But I agree with you. However there are legitimate organized religions. -- I know you probably don't see that or won't admit that.

<<“You’ll have to go and get real jobs because you can no longer make a living by exploiting vulnerable people and weakening humanity”?>> HMMM.. what legal grounds would they have to say this?

HOW does the a Government differentiate between the charlatans and frauds OR is all organized religion simply banned cart blanche?

What about organizations which aren't religious.. but do the same thing? What stops a religion from creating a non-religious organization which very closely teaches and promotes the same ideals? - For example.. the Knights of Columbus is a Catholic men's Faternity.. a non-profit organization that does Charity. What keeps the Catholic church from simply using the KoC as its religious organization?

The legal aspect of this law is dubious at best. How one differentiates those which are illegal verses legal religions would be nearly impossible.. however, actually enforcing the law would be a nightmare.

You see.. the idea sounds good on paper, but in reality is a mess.

• Carol

No, because rational thought means weeding out ideas that don't work. Without organized religion it is still the same issue: people believing comforting things and making stuff up about the universe that isn't true. However, not all atheists are rational. Strangely enough most Flat Earth Society members are atheist... it's odd.

You say that organized religion is the bane of humanity, and spreading weakness, right?

I disagree with every word of yours.

Revelation says that people who murder, or are cowards, or are disgusting in their filth, and those without faith are the douche bags of society Revelation 21:8. The wisdom from Jehovah God's word the Bible, gives humanity a reason to quit being violent, and greedy.

What is your definition of a real job? Real jobs help people, as do those who preach and teach the good news of God's Kingdom; Luke 4:43

I'd be happy if they revoked their tax-exempt status.

It just doesn't make sense.

If they are going to lobby for or against legislation to further their agendas,

like ANY big corporation they should likewise have to pay for that privilege in the form of taxes just like everyone else.

Maybe that would keep them from trying to insinuate themselves into every aspect of our lives.

And just think how all that revenue would help our economy..

I f you mean by taxing them then yes. I seriously object to organisations who refuse to pay their way in society having such enormous influence upon the politicians who govern that society.

If these religious nut jobs see fit to dictate to us all what we can and can't do. see, take or watch...then I think it behooves THEM to start paying some of the bills.

I agree with you 100%

I agree. All money that goes toward churches, except for a small stipend to pay the preacher and keep it open, should go to charity.

At the very least they should lose their tax exemption but it would be better for society if organized religion would be eliminated.

Wow, you're easy...:)

I'd be quite happy too, though it takes a bit more than that to bring me to orgasm!

Peace.

Delighted. In fact as some churches have seen fit to involve themselves in politics their tax-exempt status should immediately be revoked. L.D.S., you hearin' me?