Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Japanese text books and novels online?

I've been learning Japanese for about 5 years now on and off. i know about 400-500 kanji,katakana and hiragana. I really want to improve my grammar,reading comprehension and vocabulary. Does anyone know any links to textbooks online or novels for 11-13yo Japanese children? Preferably free *torrents*? Or just names and I'll buy them myself.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

umm there is a website called wattpad.com

here people put there writings

maybe u can try that

Wow, easy for you to say. Ever tried translating anything? Translating is not easy to begin with. You need someone who is fluent in both languages - in this case, Japanese and English. And there's the word count. Manga does not have as many words/sentences as light novels do. A page from a light novel is probably worth many pages of manga, because manga is basically told in graphic format, and sometimes you can understand the context of what is going on in the story or in a particular scene without using dialogues. But the same cannot be said of light novels. Everything has to be written out. I'm sure you've heard the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words". It is so very appropriate to describe this situation. Moreover, the translators aren't paid to do this. It's a fan effort, by fans, for fans. They have their own lives to live too. Those who are involved in all these manga scanlations / light novel translations aren't all free to do this work all the time. They might be people with full time jobs, maybe even with a family to support. Real life takes precedence over translating light novels. And let's face it, even if you happen to meet someone who happens to be fluent in both Japanese and English, it doesn't necessarily mean they would actually WANT to do this kind of thing. So the people who work on this are in it on a voluntary basis.

• Belie

http://www.aozora.gr.jp/

You're not going to find textbooks online for free and I'm not in the habit of linking illegal torrents to people.