Do you ever feel like your forced to introduce Santa to your kids?

I am not against the holidays or anything at all I love Christmas even the crappy materialisticness of it. I am also not particularly religious, but I am also not against anyone doing whatever they do for their holiday ect. Our daughter is 2.5 and the first year she was born I often though about not ever doing the... show more I am not against the holidays or anything at all I love Christmas even the crappy materialisticness of it. I am also not particularly religious, but I am also not against anyone doing whatever they do for their holiday ect. Our daughter is 2.5 and the first year she was born I often though about not ever doing the whole "Santa" thing. But then I realized living in our society it isn't really an option. I mean I wouldn't want to deprive her of that "magic" or anything. But at the same time I think there is something sort of cruel about the whole Santa bit. I mean from a young age we flat out lie to our kids and tell them this fat old man is constantly watching them (sounds a bit pervey to me LOL) and if they behave then they get gifts. All the while we are secretly running around for a month trying to buy things and hide them then wrapping them secretly at 1am 2 days before LOL. And are up until 5 am trying to build whatever toy they HAD to have, even though the directions are in like chinese or the pictures are unrecognizable. Then when they hit say 7-9 we decide they are too old to sit on the pervy man's lap at the mall so we crush their dreams and tell them it was all a lie and that mom and dad have been doing it the whole time. And yet we have no choice. Becasue I wouldn't want my kid to be the one in the preschool class to inform her other 13 class mates that Santa isn't real her mommy said so. Like I said I LOVE Christmas and I wouldn't have NOT told her about Santa, mostly becasue what other alternative do we really have; unless we become Jewish or totally non-demoninational or something LOL. But the whole carrying on this pointless lie for like 8 years really kind of bothers me
Update: Well she's 2.5 now so we did tell her about Santa last year. However she doesn still refuse to go near him LOL