promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why are Americans still so confused why Osama Bin Laden orchestrated the 9/11 attacks when he told you why?

Bin Laden quotes from over the years...

"...the injustice was so much and we saw transgressions and the coalition between Americans and the Israelis against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it occurred to my mind that we deal with the towers. And these special events that directly and personally affected me go back to 1982 and what happened when America gave permission for Israel to invade Lebanon. And as I was looking at those towers that were destroyed in Lebanon, it occurred to me that we have to punish the transgressor with the same -- and that we had to destroy the towers in America so that they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing our women and children."

"Contrary to what [President George W.] Bush says and claims -- that we hate freedom --let him tell us then, "Why did we not attack Sweden?" It is known that those who hate freedom don't have souls with integrity, like the souls of those 19. [The 19 hijackers of 9/11] May the mercy of God be upon them. We fought with you because we are free, and we don't put up with transgressions. We want to reclaim our nation. As you spoil our security, we will do so to you."

“We did not find it difficult to deal with Bush and his administration, because it is similar to regimes in our countries - both types include many who are full of arrogance and greed.”

“Even as you enter the fourth year after the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush is still misleading and deluding you and hiding the real reason from you.”

“We treat them in the same way. Those who kill our women and innocent, we kill their women and innocent, until they refrain.”

"Your security is not in the hands of [Democratic presidential candidate John] Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands and each state which does not harm our security will remain safe."

Is it unpatriotic to read about what Bin Laden's motive were / are? Why isn't this common knowledge? Obvioulsy people in the US government are aware of Bin Laden's (and many other Muslims) issues with the US are, so why is the American public still scratching their heads?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the 7/7 bombers in London explained exactly why they did it in videos which they recorded earlier.

yet STILL Blair refused to accept that it happened because of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars

it's all about them "hating our culture" and "destroying our freedoms". Total crap.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tony A
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You seem to like Osama Bin Laden quotes, try this one from September 17 2001.

OSAMA BIN LADEN CLAIMS HE'S BEING FRAMED.

"I have already said that I am not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children, and other humans as an appreciable act. There exists a government within the government of the United States. That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks.... The United States should trace the perpetrators of these attacks to those persons who want to make the present century a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity so that their own nation could survive."

- Osama Bin Laden (Source: BBC)

Now look at this

"BY WAY OF DECEPTION THOU SHALT DO WAR."

THE MOTTO OF THE MOSSAD (Israeli Intelligence)

• Emma
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It all depends on what people are invested in. The practice of critical thinking is a discipline lost in emotion in the aftermath of 9/11. A monster was needed to be responsible for the devastation. The Nation's leaders made it clear "you're with us or against us". The polarizing effect was manipulated and nurtured by fear. Fear is a powerful motivator. Just keep in mind that what you see is politically and media driven. The voices and thoughts of most are never heard.

• 1 decade ago

The Muslim cultures are the worst overpopulating in the world and that is their problem. They are exploding at their borders (often literally), impoverishing themselves with ever more excess labor and impoverishing the world now along with themselves. They need ever more land, like all overpopulators, and they will cause another world war. That's what helped cause the last two before the Euro-cultures became smart enough to stop theirs.

Most of Asia and Latin America are almost so bad. They too destroy themselves and the world drowning in a sea of excess people. Meanwhile moronic people in our cultures worry about frauds like global warming while the swarms of locust people eat up jobs and ultimately the land.

Source(s): decades studying philosophies, cultures, and social institutions began because of the confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist propaganda disseminated from universities
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • molly
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Ostrich alert its easier to stick your head in the sand than to look for the truth.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Too many people still believe George W orchestrated the attacks, as moronic as that belief is. As for why they did it, that's easy. Forget all the self-serving bs OBL spouts. If we weren't Israel's closest ally, it wouldn't have happened. Period.

• booboo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We get attacked and then when we respond they say " see it's because you attacked us ", does anyone know the term self fulfilling prophecy?, which is what this is, and people fall for it every day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they will never get it

the only think that there radical terrorists and they did it cause they hate us so much for being americans

wake up they did it for a reason

• 1 decade ago

Who said I was confused?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That still doesn't justify what was done. Almost 3000 innocent people lost their life that day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.