? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Oprah ending her show in 2011? Will she run for President in 2012?

It was voted that Oprah Winfrey would be the most likely celebrity candidate for president of the United States. Do you think she is going to run for president? She said that her show will be coming to a close in 2011. Pretty darn close to a presidential election that she very well could win. What do you think?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, she will continue to support Obama and his reelection. I think she may be first interested in the US Senate seat from Illinois. That way she could set herself up with a possible run in 2016 since Hillary claims she won't run and Edwards is spent goods. She would be a force, regardless if she is considered qualified or not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it was sad that Obama won out of novelty sake, but I think it's even more sad that Oprah actually could win. What does that say about America when fat delusional nut cases have a real chance of running your country just because they've spent a significant amount of time on tv?

She once told the housewives of America that Singh Singh had lots of "eligible bachelors" and that if the ladies in the audience were looking nice single men they need look no further than a maximum security penitentiary. And she could be your president!

• 4 years ago

NO! Come on i think of Oprah is an exceedingly effective television character and that i think of she's reliable at what she does yet i do no longer think of she might ever evaluate working for government. flow away the Presidency to those with journey.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Palin / Oprah 2012

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I wouldn't be surprised if she ran for President. But if she does, I won't be voting for her. She backed Obama and look what he's doing to our country in under a year and she's a Democrat. She is as left and extreme as the ones in Washington right now.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, she'll be the VP candidate on the Jerry Springer ticket.

Vote for CHANGE 2012, Springer - Oprah 2012!

Source(s): New York Times
  • Elle
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No she won't. She needs to begin giving her full attention to the Bilderberg Group. Guess it's time to find out a little bit more about her ambitions. She's on Obama's team, you know. Better look up the Bilderberg. A scary picture, I'd warn!

• 1 decade ago

Oh my can you imagine.

"NEVER before seen, have I ever made such an extraordinary life altering decision. Give it uuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp, I am running in 2012222222222222222222222222222222222222222222"

• 1 decade ago

President? God, I hope not. That would mean the world really is going to hell. But this time, literally.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe she wants to be Obama's religion Czar- she did come up with her own religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.