Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Ohio Home Intrusion Question?

If you live in Ohio, And someone breaks in your house, Can you Shoot/Stab them?

Sorry if this is a repetitive question, I can't find an answer for my state.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Stuart
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The Ohio legislature enacted Senate Bill 184 as an amendment to Ohio's Concealed Carry law, more commonly referred to as the Castle Doctrine, into law on June 10, 2008.

A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal concept derived from English Common Law, which designates one's place of residence, or any place legally occupied, as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. Ohio R.C. § 2901.05(C)(2), (3). It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. Ohio R.C. §2901.05(B)(1), Ohio R.C §2901.09(B). The legal effect of the Castle Doctine is to protect the homeowner from criminal or civil suit resulting from the use of deadly force which actually results in death.

- Stuart

• 3 years ago

If ypotentialu dpotentialpotential'potential hpotentialvpotential potentialrpotentialbpotentialbpotentialpotential cpotentialuspotential potentialpotential spotentialpotentialpotential, bpotential vpotentialry cpotentialrpotentialfupotential potentialpotential ypotentialur potentialcpotentialpotentialpotentialpotentials. potentialhpotential potentialpotentialrpotentialpotentialcupotentialpotentialr cpotentialrcumspotentialpotentialpotentialcpotential potentialpotential qupotentialspotentialpotentialpotentialpotential spotentialpotentialmpotentiald potentialpotential juspotentialpotentialfy potentialhpotential cpotentialpotential's potentialcpotentialpotentialpotentialpotentials...IE, potential [potentialpotentialpotentialpotentialpotentialpotentialpotentialpotentialpotential] rpotentialbbpotentialry potentialpotential potentialrpotentialgrpotentialss.

• 1 decade ago

Greetings fellow Buckeye. I agree with Stuart.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.