Gift ideas for a receptionist?

My mom just became a receptionist recently and I need to think of something to get for her birthday next week. I was thinking of getting her something related her new job but I'm drawing a blank. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks.

Favorite Answer

OK, I got some good idea's, seeing as she is becoming a receptionist, which she will really enjoy, amongst my other office careers I have worked as a receptionist too, and the reason its such an enjoyable job is because you get to see the general public all the time, well customers and clients of that company - so you are the first person a new prospective client will see, and its the receptionist manner in how she talks to him that will give him an impression of the company he is thinking about doing business with. So receptionist to have a vital and important roll to play.

So this leads me off into a number of nice things for your Moms birthday present.

A nice blouse

A broach or some sort of jewelry to pin on her jacket

A very posh diary, leather bound, so she can recall important things she has to do.

A lovely pen set

A silk scarf - colourful to off set the plain colour of her jacket

A nice bottle of perfume

A new handbag or wallet - I think you in the USA where I suspect your from call a handbag a purse.

There are lots of nice things out there to suit a Receptionists job, of course the above can cost big dollars, but depending on your age, if your still at school, then buying cheaper is perfectly acceptable and understanding. Or could you stretch to having flowers sent to her at the new job for her birthday if she is already working there for her birthday itself.

Hope I have given you some good idea's and tell Mom HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE UK.

Billie x

• luz

Gifts For Receptionists

• ?

I've seen charms (the sort that go on bracelets or on a chain necklace) that look like just about anything in the world. You might look to see if you can find one that's made like a little telephone or something. That would be cute!

If you have time, check eBay's jewelry section. Just search for telephone or whatever. Maybe you can find a bargain!

Why don't you send her pretty flowers at work. On buy her a leather day planner.