3 different types of breeders? Dogs from 3 different types of lines?

I have noticed in Border Collies and a lot of other breeds they have been split into 2 different lines; show and working. Now, I have seen BC breeders breeding for just performance dogs. Performance breeders do agility, flyball, and obedience ect... As for toy breeds, there are pet lines (BYBs and hobby... show more I have noticed in Border Collies and a lot of other breeds they have been split into 2 different lines; show and working. Now, I have seen BC breeders breeding for just performance dogs. Performance breeders do agility, flyball, and obedience ect...

As for toy breeds, there are pet lines (BYBs and hobby breeders), show lines, and also performance lines. I know a few papillon breeders who breed for agility, flyball, and obedience ect...

So, do toy breeds (not being be able to do actual work) necessarily need to be bred strictly for show? Do you think it's right to breed toy dogs that strictly do performance events and not show?

Do you think dogs from performance lines are lesser quality than dogs from show and/or working lines? How do you feel about toy breeds from performance lines? How do you feel about any breed from from performance lines?
Update: GSD owner: I do agility and flyball with my papillon, she does great at it and loves it! She very good at it too.