Ready to ditch Cable TV! WDTV Live vs Roku vs Vudu - Which is best for me?

So I'm totally fed up with paying the cable company my hard earned money month after month so that I can watch a few good programs and a whole bunch of crap that I have no interest in. I only really watch 3 or 4 channels and the rest are junk. It would be one thing if they offered me an a-la-cart option, but... show more So I'm totally fed up with paying the cable company my hard earned money month after month so that I can watch a few good programs and a whole bunch of crap that I have no interest in. I only really watch 3 or 4 channels and the rest are junk. It would be one thing if they offered me an a-la-cart option, but I've got to pay for all or nothing and, at $70/month, I'm leaning towards the "nothing" option.

I've been looking around and I found some interesting looking home media solutions for under $150. I'm looking for info on these from people who own and use them so that I can make the best decision. I'm looking at the Western Digital TV Live, Vudu, and Roku. Picture quality is not at the top of my list since I have an old analog TV, but because of this I need to have composite a/v capability. Ease of use is pretty important since I'm really busy and don't have a lot of time to fiddle with gadgets, although on the same note, I'm not a techno-idiot either and can usually figure things out if I have the time and patience (key words). Finally, I'd like to have access to a good amount of the TV shows that I like: Fringe, Breaking Bad, The Office (I guess I could get that on network TV with a digital antenna), Colbert Report. I'm not going to cry if I can't get them all, but I'd like to have access to most of these, and fill in the gaps by watching whatever online or through some program like Kiteplayer which I've heard good things about (comments welcome).

Thank you all for your input and advice. I look forward to your responses. These are some really cool gadgets and I can't wait to call my cable company up and tell them that they're fired!!
3 answers