The sim card inserted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported?

I was using itunes yesterday night perfectly fine, and my iPhone had no problems at all, but today when i connected my usb to my laptop and went onto itunes everything just went wrong. I clicked on the iPhone tab in itunes and it said the above (the sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported) but the thing is, i am on o2 pay as you go. o2 is the carrier for iPhones in the UK, are they not? So not only can i not use itunes but my iPhone is frozen on a screen that shows a usb --> then itunes. I can only use my iPhone to make emergency calls. Other than that it is completely useless. I have tried restarting the phone and itunes restored the iPhone but it still went to the same screen as before.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

heyyyyy same prob here it happened yesterday wid me ur iphone must be jailbroken.same for me i clicked upgrade so what they told is that i got my from europe and jailbroke only then able to use in middleeast so now i need that sim from europe or at&t's sim to unlock it even i can only make emergency calls

but try this

http://www.pcworld.com/article/137223/how_to_unloc...

i found it yesterday and i will try this today till evening

most probably it will work so try it!!!!

so lets see

you need to get a o2 iphone payg sim card google "iphone o2 sim card"!!