Do you prefer to read first-person or third-person.?

I'm writing a novel, but I can't paint a full picture because I'm writing it in first-person.

Do you prefer first-person or third-person?

• Best Answer

Third person.

First person nowadays is way overrated, and completely overused, and most of the authors writing in first person have their protagonists (nowadays mainly girls) with no emotion, and with words that they don't even understand coming into their dialogue!

Third person is honestly my favorite (unless I can find a really good 1st person story, my opinion stays the same).

Source(s): Twilight.

Well, i think its harder to write in first person, coz you have to leave quite a lot out and then patch it up later, but it is more interesting to the reader, and you can also discuss in depth your emotions and feelings, so people reading can relate to this person etc.

But then third person is easier and everything, but its not in as much depth, but everything makes sense, and you can tell the reader all the emotions of the characters in the book.

Either really, it depends how the writer portrays it, and how good their style.

:)

If the main character's a girl, I prefer 1st, because it's easier for me to relate to the main character, and how she views the world--her friends, family, school, etc. If it's a boy, I don't care either way. I have no problem with reading 3rd person either way. However, I do prefer to write in 1st person :)

I like both, what matter's to me more is the writer's voice.

You certainly CAN paint a full picture with the first person as well. Read some of Bill Bryson's travel memoirs.

sameee. im writing a story, and my friend just suggested i write in third. she thinks itd be challenging, and more fitting to my story linee. and as much as i agree with her, its hard to break away from first. ahhh.

to answer the question (even though i looked this Q up for an answer haha) first person is more enjoyable, for me to read. which is why i personally write my books that way. but third is used a lot, and seems to paint the big picture (which is your prob right?)

so yeahh haha.

Try third person, but from the point of view of the main character.

• ǝﻉz

third person does have the better ability to paint a full picture... but it doesn't have the best ability to allow readers to paint their own picture.

i like both.

First person.. I can understand more.

• nina

i like first because you get a more honest view of the narrator and how they see the other characters.

good luck!

Third.