Can somebody pl advice me whether this is valid job offer or just a scam?

I have applied for this job in mymiddleeastjobs.com, the job was posted by BHP Billiton.

After exchanging few emails and filling in forms, this was the last mail I recieve saying that I got the job.

But I have read that the +4470 number is used in scams.. so I'm a bit curious.. plus the job location was initially in Abu Dhabi but then it changed to London.. Pls advice.

From: BHP BILLITON PETROLEUM <jobs@bhpbilliton-services.com>

Subject: Re: Job Application from mymiddleeastjobs.com(BHP BILLITON-UK EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT)

To: *******@yahoo.com

Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 10:23 AM

BHP Billiton Plc

Neathouse Place

Victoria

London SW1V 1BH

www.bhpbilliton.com

18TH NOVEMBER, 2009

ATTENTION;

Acting on the advice of our recruiting Co-ordinators (MiningTechno

Recruiting Services London)This Office wish to inform you that after a critical review of your

submitted resume ,you have been offered job as a QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER

by BHP BILLITON PLC U.K .

We have tried unsuccessfully via phone to contact you regarding this offer.

Attached herein is a comprehensive copy of the job offer.Consider it,sign

and return your endorsed copy via e-mail attachment to This Office

addressing the mail to the contact below.

CONTACT PERSON

MARIUS KLOPPERS

FOR;HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER

ATTRACTION AND RECRUITMENT

BHP BILLITON RECRUITMENT CENTRE

U.K

E-MAIL; recruiter@bhpbilliton-services.com

OR

FAX;+448704954878

Note;your endorsed copy of the employment contract and functional contact

number MUST reach the above mentioned Office for accreditation within the

next two working days and all attachment must be in microsoft words or pdf.

All official BHP BILLITON-U.K employment identification papers and the Hard

Copy of your appointment letter will be forwarded to your postal address

via courier services as soon as we recieve a confirmatory letter of your

job readiness and certifying report regarding your academic credentials

and travelling document from our recruiting agent.

YOURS TRULY

JOSH BRYANT

BHP BILLITON PLC

TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICES U.K

www.bhpbilliton.com

TEL;+447024027073(Monday -Friday,office hours only)

Favorite Answer

Of course it's a scam. What kind of company doesn't have a real phone number and a proper office?

What kind of job is QA Officer? Where are you working?

The trouble is BHP Biliton PLC is a real company who do international recruitment. You have their correct website, but the emails do not originate from their domain.

If you're close to their London office then there is no harm in popping in and asking to meet them.

ETA

The others are saying visit www.blah.blah because they want to scam him as well :) It's a well known con this company is pulling, it will involve making payments into his bank account and forwarding money as cash. Either money laundering or processing forged cheques and forwarding cash leaving him overdrawn when the forged cheques are undone.

I received this email as well. They want information about you which they can use to their advantage. Be ready now to receive lots of different offers in the future for some time. You recourse is to use this rule - Send Zero Money. Period.

Don't let these scam artists hurt you in the sense that you think everyone is using the internet this way. There are still good people out there that are honest.

From my personal experience concerning bhpbilliton offer, I Will advice any one who cares to listen to run away from below links. They are special scam cartel.

Jobs@bhpbilliton.com

Consulate@aus-embassy.tr.vu. this is where the scam start.

Info@dfa.co.UK.pn. the first hit they will give is 490 euro. If you mistakenly pay that money, they will direct you to another group with the id coordinating office.dfa@dfa.co.UK. if you cooperate they hit you another 750euro. If you continue, they will continue until you give up. The hint I have all that is new is this. Any payment that the beneficiary is not Australia govt is a fraud. Any site supplying government document that doesn't end with .gov.au is a scam site. Any addition to the .gov.au is scam syndicate arrangement. I believe this help many if they care to listen tobacco victim

Www.bhpbilliton.com Careers

i think it's a scam(looks a little fishy)

also why is everyone saying: visit so and so at blablabla.com, i hope that resolves your problem, keep using answers.yahoo.com