Golden Retriever Puppy?

I've wanted a Golden Retriever for as long as I can remember. As a result I've read a lot about them, and know pretty much all you can know about Goldens without ever having owned one. The problem is, why can't I find a Golden Retriever that's inexpensive? It seems that the price for a... show more I've wanted a Golden Retriever for as long as I can remember.
As a result I've read a lot about them, and know pretty much all you can know about Goldens without ever having owned one.

The problem is, why can't I find a Golden Retriever that's inexpensive?

It seems that the price for a family dog has skyrocketed in the past 10 years or so. And to make things more difficult, people are now SELLING mixed breed dogs, calling them "designer breeds", and making a huge profit off of them. Some are being sold for $1,000+. ANY mix of breeds is now being given a snazzy name like "Beago" (Beagle/Golden) "Goldadors" (Golden/Lab), and the list goes on.
So I can't even get a Golden Retriever mix inexpensively because people have found that they can now SELL their mixed breeds for profit.

I'm looking for a companion dog, not a breeding dog, and not a show dog.
I am also looking for a puppy under 4 months. Not an adult dog.

What people don't realize is that there are people out there that love dogs, can afford to take care of a dog, but can't afford to pay outrageous prices for one!

Where can I find an inexpensive Golden Retriever anymore?
I'm at a loss.
Update: The reason I was looking for a puppy is because it hurts to get attached to an older dog, only to have it pass within a few years. We adopted a Rottweiler/Lab mix from a shelter, and we only had him for 3 1/2 years before he passed. It was heart breaking. I would of course prefer a puppy. However, I... show more The reason I was looking for a puppy is because it hurts to get attached to an older dog, only to have it pass within a few years.
We adopted a Rottweiler/Lab mix from a shelter, and we only had him for 3 1/2 years before he passed. It was heart breaking.

I would of course prefer a puppy. However, I wouldn't mind adopting a young dog, but I don't think I could take adopting an older one again.