Could I really have Type 1 Diabetes?

About 3 weeks ago, I went to my primary doctor because I had what I believed to be a sinus infection, my heart beat was also pretty fast, as well as my respiratory rate. When I got there, they did my vitals, and said my heart beat was 150. They checked my lungs and said I sounded a little stuffy, and that I needed... show more About 3 weeks ago, I went to my primary doctor because I had what I believed to be a sinus infection, my heart beat was also pretty fast, as well as my respiratory rate. When I got there, they did my vitals, and said my heart beat was 150. They checked my lungs and said I sounded a little stuffy, and that I needed to have x-rays done. Before I went downstairs, my doctor decided to take my blood sugar, which at the time, was 112 (keep in mind I was sick, which raises blood sugar levels at times.) I went downstairs, where I found that I couldn't manage to breathe anymore. I went back up stairs, where they rushed me to the emergency room.

By the time I got settled in and the nurses checked my blood sugar again, it was 409. At 1:30pm, I was 112, not a diabetic; at 4pm, I was 409, and a diabetic. I hadn't eaten or drank anything between 1pm and 4pm and I had been walking from the x-ray room back to my primary's office. I asked the nurses/doctors why that was, and they had absolutely no answer/reason for how it happened. They simply told me that I was a Type 1 Diabetic (the first time I was ever diagnosed) and left the room.

They transported me to another hospital, where I met with an endocrinologist who believed I had diabetes for months as of then. The thing was, I had absolutely no symptoms once so ever, no extreme thirst, or constant need to go to the bathroom. I had felt fine up to that point - other than my runny nose and headache - and had no idea I was a diabetic in the least bit.

I'm home now, and have been injecting myself with insulin ever since. So far, my blood sugars have remained in the low 80's to the mid 60's. I have yet to go over 300, and I have barely even touched the 200's. They have reduced my insulin intake twice already, and have started me on vitamin D as well as Zinc, mainly because when they did blood work, it showed that my immune system was very low. Unfortunately, none of the specialists hold any hope of me ever growing out of this disease, or simply curing it. They tell me it will be a constant part of the rest of my life, and that I will have to manage it.

Against what they have said, there has to be a way. From what I know, my case is pretty special. Most people have either had symptoms, or have the disease running in the family, neither of which I have. I am only 15 years old, I am a juvenile, and at one point I was around 15 pounds overweight. I dropped that weight conditioning for winter track, - healthy diet, rigorous exercise - over about a 2 month period. Before that day 3 weeks ago, I was healthy, happy, and enjoying life. Now, I can hardly stand behind the three of those things. Against what many people say, diabetes does shape your life, even if you don't let it. You are forced to stick to a strict regimen, count your food constantly, prick your fingers without mercy, and inject yourself. This is not the life I want to live, in fact, no diabetic wants to live this way.

So, now that you have a summary of my situation, is there the possibility that I don't have diabetes Type 1? Could it be something else? If so, what? Are there any known remedies that can jumpstart the pancreas or maybe help it along? (I am currently in the honeymoon phase.) Also, can your pituitary gland have anything to do with shutting your pancreas down, or perhaps restricting its growth compared to the rest of your body? What about hormones in general?

Thank you so much for reading my question! =)
And for you other diabetics, don’t give up hope!
Update: Also, my period has been out of whack as well. First, it started coming late, then it came whenever it pleased, now I haven't gotten it at all. This has to be hormones right? When I first got it 3 years back, it came on a regular schedule (like the 5th of every month.) That lasted up until about 4 months... show more Also, my period has been out of whack as well. First, it started coming late, then it came whenever it pleased, now I haven't gotten it at all. This has to be hormones right?

When I first got it 3 years back, it came on a regular schedule (like the 5th of every month.) That lasted up until about 4 months ago. Could this have anything to do with it?