Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

What eye makeup should I wear with a red dress?

So I have a semi formal dance tomorrow night and i was just wondering what makeup I should wear. I have pretty pale skin (not like white), brown eyes, light brown hair. Thanks for your help :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because it's semi formal i'm assuming you wouldn't want something too bold?

A smokey brown eye or gray eye would be nice.

try physicians formula baked sands collection trio. use the white as a highlight, the lighter brown as a lid color, and the darker borwn in your crease. to darken it use any black shadow and just put it in the outter v of your lid and blend.

if you have higher end make up:

urban decays ydk(limited edition) on 2/3rds of your lid.

mushroom by urban decay on the rest of your lid.

and

oil slick by urban decay in your crease. but blend it out so it's not as dark.it turns out to be a kind of smokey gray.

basically ydk is a really pretty natural beigy color, mushroom is a tauy gray and oil slick is a black but when blended enough turns to be a gray. for lips i think you should go with burt's bee lip shimmers in fig or caramel.

hope this helps...:)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

easily do the smokey eye with a lighter nude color on your lips. on your cheeks use a blush that has a sprint of colour and a few shimmer in it to truly supply you with that sultry evening diva look. which will make you look something yet unwell, have faith me. Pull your hair returned too, which will make the full look, look fairly stylish. As for the upload-ons, bypass gentle on the upload-ons crimson may well be a exceedingly overbearing colour that no longer many human beings can pull off so in case you employ too many upload-ons you may finally end up looking like an overwrapped present. So in case you have any effective silver or maybe diamond rings i think of that would bypass terrific. save it elementary! i'm optimistic you will look ravishing, have enjoyable!

• 1 decade ago

Pick your best feature and accentuate it. If its you're eyes, go for a black smokey eye.

Feature: eye

Nude lipstick/gloss

Urban Decay Primer Potion

black cream base (MAC blacktrack fluidline or a black eyeliner will do)

black eyeliner/mascara

matte black shadow (MAC Carbon, NYX black, etc)

nude shadow to blend out & highlight(MAC vanilla, etc)

put on the primer so your makeup lasts all night. Then take a little bit of the fluidline on a flat synthetic brush or draw a thick line of eyeliner. for the eyeliner, smudge it out so it covers your whole lid. Then go over the black base with a matte black shadow on a flat shader brush (mac 239 or loew-cornell maxine's mop 3/8 inch-Michaels craft stores). cover the lid area and blend upwards into the crease. use the vanilla and a fluffy brush to blend out the edges. also highlight your inner corners and brow bone. black eyeliner to waterline, mascara. Use a nude lipstick/gloss.

OR

Feature: lips

matte red lipstick (MAC russian red, NYX red lipstick etc)

red lipliner (MAC cherry liner, nyx red lipliner)

chapstick/lip conditioner

first, exfoliate your lips so they are soft. use a wet toothbrush and rub it on your lips to get all the dry skin off.

then put your chapstick on and wait until it sinks in.

wipe your lips off and line them with the lipliner, fill them in as well. then fill your lips in with the lipstick.

for your eyes in this look, sweep a gold shimmery shadow across your lids. use black eyeliner on the waterline and black mascara. use some liquid liner and wing it out a little for some attitude.

hope i helped :)

Source(s): beauty junkie.
  • 1 decade ago

Try the "smokey" eye effect with black or dark brown shadow, or go vintage with the cat-eyed black liquid liner and red lips!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.