What was the last stable nation to attack the United States?

doing some fine tuning for debate, and it would help my aff case if I could know what stable country was the most recent country to attack the United States. A stable nation is basically one that's got OK control of things like the government, citizens, economy yadda yadda yadda. Somalia and Afghanistan would definitely not be considered stable, for example.

thanks people! I was pretty sure it was Japan, but I didn't want to put false information in my case.

• Brooky
    Best Answer

I can't think of a single one since the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. Seems to me that since then, the USA has always been the attacker rather than the attackee.

The last stable nation to attack the continental United States of America (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) was Great Britain (British Empire) during the War of 1812 when they set Washington, DC. Great Britain during the 19th Century was the most powerful nation in the world and had an expanding empire all throughout the world at this time when the United States was still developing to become a country.

USSR

Red Dawn is a 1984 American war documentary covering the mid-1980s, and deals with the invasion of the United States by the Soviet Union and its Central American allies. Should be a good source for everything you need to know.

Source(s): My confusion between TV and reality.

I believe that would be Japan in 1941

• Buddy

Japan. though USSR and Cuba came close

Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor...