Pavel Nedved........ remember him ?

Ok we always talk about recent greats like Henry Zidane Carlos Figo etc but why doesnt anyone talk About PAval Nedved .

from 2000 to 2006 or around that he was the most creative midfielder i could remember.... Maybe because he wasnt a goal scorer .... or was it coz he played his later years in Seria B with juve so was a bit forgotten.

Remember he was thrice in top 3 uefa players consecutively uefa best midfielder in 2003 and in Uefa team of the year from 2003-05 .

Also with him mainly ( with support from rosicky cech koller etc ) Czech Republic rose to No 1 ranking in Uefa for couple of years .

Btw , he Was Easily the best looking Footballer too ..... with his hair like Angel .

And Ballon d'Or too in 2003 which henry never won

Best Answer

Sure he was a great player, but he didn't really win any major trophies besides the Scudetto with Juventus. I think he was one of the best midfielders from 2000-2009. He had great energy, battled, and also scored goals. He did win a Ballon d'Or while at Juventus in 2003 tho. He also didn't win any trophies while playing for his country. People remember cups and trophies.

Well I remember him. I think hes lovely and a good footballer.