good fairy-based books?

I've read

The Hunter's Moon (and sequels) by OR Melling

Artimis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer

The Fairy Rebel by Lynne Reid Banks

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

Inkheart triology by Cornelia Funke

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Best Answer

Also by Gail Carson Levine- Ever, Fairest, Dave at Night, The Wish. (I would only recommend the first two, as they are the most like fairy taes.

Margaret Peterson Haddix- Just Ella-- GREAT if you loved Ella Enchanted as much as I did!!!!

Catherine Gilbert Murdock --- Princess Ben --- SO amzing! Sort of a mix of a bunch of fairy tales. My 2nd favorite book ever (1st is Ella)

Shannon Hale--- Princess Academy, the Goose Girl... anything else by her, really. They are all fairy tales.

Other authors who write a lot of fairy tales are Robin McKinley and Donna Jo Napoli.

If you like fairy tales and books like this, go to www.surlalunefairytales.com. It has all the fairy tales, plus news on new renditions of them! I go there all the time!

Plus

A Kiss in Time- Alex Flinn

Beastly - Alex Flinn

The Once Upon a Time Series - Various authors (Cameron Dokey, Suzzane Weyn, Debbie Viguie)

Wildwood Dancing - Juliet Marillier (My 3rd favorite! Based on 12 Dancing Princesses)

Sun adn Moon, Ice and Snow- Jessica Day George (SO amazing!)

Now this one isn't really fairy based, but if you liked any of these like I did, then you'll probably like this

Aurelia- Anne Osterlund

The Season - Sarah MacLean

OH! And then there's Heather Tomlinson. She wrote The Swan Maiden and Aurelie, two of my other favorite books ever!!!!!

Source(s): I LOVE all these books!

The Chronicles of Anaedor by Kristina Schram

Kandide and the Secret of the Mists by Diana S. Zimmerman

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

The Adventures of Grassie Green in the Colored Worlds by Steven Rox

Nathaniel and the Key to the World of Shadows by Jedidiah Kent

Intriguing Tales to Form the Heart: A Collection of Ten Fairy Tales by Stacy Fileccia and Justina Fileccia

wings, its a romance and about fairys. i got very into it. finished it in 3 days.

wings by aprilynne pike

read "the princess of landover"

Source(s): book i read