Hindu widows in Nepal?

Hi All, I was watching a programme on Hindu girls living in Nepal. Girls there are married very young, around 13 yrs old. If their husbands die they are deemed as evil and nasty. They are usually made to live with the dead husbands parents who blame her for the death of their son and many openly admitted... show more Hi All,

I was watching a programme on Hindu girls living in Nepal.
Girls there are married very young, around 13 yrs old.

If their husbands die they are deemed as evil and nasty.
They are usually made to live with the dead husbands parents who blame her for the death of their son and many openly admitted that they hate the girl and will beat her. She will be made to do all the chores in the house inc cooking, cleaning etc.

Most widowed girls will not get married again as men consider them to be bad luck if they have already been widowed.

Traditionally the wife of a dead man would throw herself on top of his burning body during his funeral and die along with him. She would be considered a loyal wife.
If she didn't then the same would apply - she would be considered evil, not worthy and her life would be terrible.
It is no longer expected for a child/woman to kill herself at her husbands funeral but it is still preferred.

I was watching the programme with my 10yr old daughter.
She and I could not believe this still goes on in our world.
I feel so sad for these young girls.

Are there any women here who have experienced this first hand.
If you are a Hindu woman how do you feel about this?

If you are a Hindu guy, whats your view?
Update: subprimelendor: If only I could change all those things, however I asked for opinions on this particular subject.