Measures and Form for jazz?

I'm doing a jazz cd review and I need to put how many measures each song is or how many beats in each measure. And the form for example AABA. I have no idea how to tell though. The book is horrible at explaining it. Can someone please explain a simple way to tell how many measures and what form each song is?
Update: ok the thing is, these are jazz songs with charlie parker doing a solo with the alto sax the entire song, so I've tried just listening but each bar or measure or whatever is different. So I don't understand how I am supposed to tell the pattern if its never the same it keeps changing. I'm guessing... show more ok the thing is, these are jazz songs with charlie parker doing a solo with the alto sax the entire song, so I've tried just listening but each bar or measure or whatever is different. So I don't understand how I am supposed to tell the pattern if its never the same it keeps changing. I'm guessing it's how the bass sounds which is kinda hard to listen to with charlie going off on the sax. Is that what I am supposed to do though? Listen for the bass and whatnot? Because there is no pattern at all with the alto sax solo.