Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

Some kids have an unfair advantage (teacher's pet)?

I'm really really angry right now.

Here's the story:

I'm in senior schooling at the moment (grade 11) and in my ICT class (Internet Processing Technologies) our assignment is to build a website. It says in the criteria sheet that all sources for information, pictures etc. must be referenced.

One of my friends made a big mistake by referencing all her pictures as being from 'google images' and not listing the actual site. I picked up on this and told her that it was wrong and that she needed to list the actual site they were from, (and of course she didn't have a remote idea where any of them were from) so she went to the teacher and asked her about it. The teacher said it would be fine and not to worry about it. I'm really angry about this. It's clearly a case of favoritism on the teachers' part. The assignment isn't even due for another week, but still the teacher is not making her fix up her referencing mistake and list the correct sites.

This kid gets straight A's, and no wonder, when the teachers let her get away with EVERYTHING as if she can do no wrong. It is unfair to the other students who do everything the right way.

Would you be angry if this happened?

Who in the school should I report this incident to?

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

i don't know the details exactly so I wouldn't know, but i know how you feel. I was never picked for any of the dramas throughout elementary school because the drama teacher preferred three kids who always got the lead role. What I would recommend is speaking to your parents first then, you and your parents go to the VP- No one listens to the student- only kids with parents who are willing to stand up are able to have a voice in matters like this.

Yeah, it's not fair, but they can get away with it.

I don't like to admit it, but I won't lie. I AM teacher's pet. I do get away with things most kids usually can't. I don't try to be a teacher's pet, but I do try to be respectful to them and talk to them like a real person instead of just a teacher to get what I want and to build a good relationship with the teacher in case I need anything.

You could complain to the school, but you have to remember, public schools are funded by tax payer dollars and most people working there don't give a crap.

Good luck.

This sucks. But if this is just a single occurance, I don't think it you would have much to gain by reporting it.

However, if you are witness to the same student always getting ''free passes'' or the same teacher always changing the rules depending on the student, and if you have proof, then I think you could let the principal know about it and see what he/she does. In any case, good luck.

---------------------

I just read someone else's comment above and I agree : you should also tell your parents before going to the principal.

I don't know that it is favoritism if the teacher would let other people get away with it as well, but as and English major and a substitute teacher (one who actually gives a crap) this upsets me as well. Plagiarism is NEVER okay, and if your school has a policy about it (check your handbook) you need to tell the Principal that this teacher is allowing plagiarism.

I'd be PISSED. Unfortunately, no one would care. Trust me. At school I was always picked on because of my teeth, and when I reacted, I would get in trouble. So yeah, favoritism. In fact, TWICE they made me go to a school for basically, psycho crazy violent kids. What the hell? I could go on forever about the horrible treatment, but this is your question, not my rant.

Source(s): me+school=12 years of hell

same thing happens to me!!!!!! i'm a junior too. 2day some girls in my class were talking about me and said they wanted to drill a whole in my head!!!!! right infront of the teacher!

when i asked her if i could switch classes or something b/c they were starting to scare me, she said "they are just expressive people"

this is chorus class and these girls can sing really well so she would litterally let them get away with murder!

yeah, i'd say report it, i'm going to my guidance counseler 2morrow.

i know about unfairness and freaking people who kiss *** and ARGH!

but sadly there is like nothing that can be done and it exists everywhere.

i would be angry and i guess i would just ask ur teacher if the same applies to you because if it does it let her know its unjust and u could go to the office to complain