Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

I NEED A CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BUY FOR MY FIRST HOUSE?

I am getting ready to move into a new house and I don't want to forget anything I will need. This is my first place and I have kids so I really need all the help I can get. I don't really want suggestions of what to buy I just want sites of checklist I can print off. I have looked and can't find any good ones. PLEASE HELP

• me
    Favorite Answer

I think I know what you're after and I didn't find it either. Hence you get my list.

First of all just before or just after the closing have the current owners show you where stuff is Watermain, Traps, Circuit breakers and have them let you know if there are any idiocyrinces to the house all houses have them.

Buy 2 ( or more) Big garbage barrels with wheels. In them goes your bedding. AND

New - Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, towels, papercups and paper plates, a box of cheap utensils, Toilet paper, A small lamp the clip on kind, Ice cube trays, Comb and a brush, Hair ties, Plastic bags and food storage containers, Shampoo, Deodorent, Conditioner, body soap, dish soap, wash cloths, sponges, bandaids and an antiseptic, snacks, powdered drink, COFFEE MAKINGS, camera (take a picture of each room and the grounds before you unload your stuff from every angle) Book and radio. Pet food. If the kids are old enough take a video and interview each of them as to what it means to be moving into a house. A complete change of clothing for everyone. ***This is if the truck is late or to get a head start and know where those items are right off. No hunting through 100 boxes cause someone scraped thier knee.

A Kit With - Screwdrivers, Knife, wrench, hammer, pliers, flash light, candles, scissors, tweezer, flat razor blade widget, mr clean wipes, measuring tape, pen, pencil, paper, various batteries, light bulbs, windex, papertowels, a frying pan.

(These barrels go with you if the current owners are nice you can ask them if you can leave them there a day or 2 before the move if it's nearby. If it is a distance ask if you can ship an emergancy kit to them.)

Have the Kids - if they are old enough pack thier back packs and one bag that they feel is esential. They are in charge of those. Snacks, juice and a quick lunch or dinner is essential for them during the confusion.

While Packing -

Mark each Box with a Number for your movers and give them a Map as to where what goes IE Kitchen is # 1 Bathroom #2 Bathroom #3 Jenny's room #4 Put the corresponding numbers on the entry to each room.

The List..Moving into a home for the first time.

What do you need?

A whole bunch of tools and garden supplies hoses, sprinkler, hose nozzle, sweeper nozzle, rakes, shovels, watering can, lawn mower, shop vac, leaf blower, outside broom. wisk broom, furnace filters, a good sized ladder, (fuses) doormat.

If you are moving from 1 floor to 2 you would be best getting a second vacuume and dust pan with hand brush. (This stuff can easily add up to $1000.00)

A big fat expandable file folder to put ALL your household purchase reciepts in - tax deduction.

Call a locksmith to rekey all the doors you never know who may have a key to the house.

Before you sign on the dotted line have a survey done to be sure that isn't your fence on the neighbors line have them clearly stake it and take pictures cause when the kids pull up the stakes you'll be clueless. Do a walk through - flush toilets, run faucets, open windows, look in corners for possible mold.

Don't sweat it ..it will come. Takes time to fully appoint a house. I've moved many times due to work. Closings don't always go as planned someone shows late or there is a paper missing. The person who was supposed to watch the kids woke up with pink eye. The cat gave birth in the car. Relax its all normal

Nice things to do at closing. Give the previous owners a parting gift. Have some beer for the guys. Call a local delivery place a day or 2 ahead to schedule pizza or subs and pay for it in advance. Tell the movers you want the table chairs and beds in first so you can start making the beds right away before they pack your place up. This way they will put them on the back of the truck.

New House Checklist

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am getting ready to move into a new house and I don't want to forget anything I will need. This is my first place and I have kids so I really need all the help I can get. I don't really want suggestions of what to buy I just want sites of checklist I can print off. I have looked and...

Source(s): checklist buy house: https://shortly.im/FIh4r

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axgcF

Wow I am so stressed just looking at your list I'm afraid you have made your life so unnecessarily complicated. I really feel for you. 1) You should save your hard earned cash and not worry about a mortgage adviser. They get paid a commission for selling loans for a bank. 2) Make sure you go to a major bank that guarantees your loan if they go bankrupt ( particularly important in view of the current global recession) 3) Go to a conveyancer (they are a solicitor that specializes in conveyancing) 4) The conveyancer will tell you what you need to do to buy the house That's all you need to do Just buy the house then worry about removalists, electricity etc later. Good luck

1

Source(s): Learn Personal Defence http://netint.info/UltimateSelfDefenseGuide/?GUIT