Is this a sad reason to become a nurse?

One of the reasons I'm going in to nursing is so I can wear scrubs every day. That way I never have to care about coming to work all fancy. Just a small reason for becoming a nurse but it sure is one of them. Is that sad? :P

lol wow no one actually read the question. I stated that it was a SMALL reason. Just fyi I'm top of the nursing class and I'm first pick for getting in to clinicals. k thanks :P

• April
    Favorite Answer

VERY! And if that's your main reason for becoming a nurse you won't ever see the day.

Source(s): RN

Well it's good to work in an environment where you feel comfortable and if the clothes you wear makes a difference for you it can be a factor. But I should caution that becoming a nurse isn't as easy as it may seem. I'm going into a medical field so I have classes with alot of nursing students and I can assure you that it takes quite a bit of hard work to pass the classes they have to take let alone get good enough grades to get into nursing school. If this is something you want to do you have to be ready to commit to alot of work. Your gonna need more motivation than just the clothes you wear to get into this profession

you can do a variety of jobs that require wearing scrubs like pet vet, dental hygenist or medical assisting.

You need to have a better reason or else you will burn out and never make it through the schooling which is not a joke. This is long and intensive.

• Tonya

This goes way back in the slavery days, white women refuse to raise their children and gave their responsibilities to women slaves. White women wouldn't even breast feed their own children, they were afraid that their boobs would droop, but little did they know that their boobs were going to droop regardless. So, the women slaves had to breast feed their babies and the white babies Many white kids are closer to their mannies because they spend more time with their nannies than they do with their own parents. Celebrities children are being raised by thier nannies, not them. Its sad

Haha, nah I know what you mean. When I did volunteer work at a hospital I had to wear them. Personally I hated them because everyone would take the larger sizes so they were often tight and I had my phone fall out of my pockets on them a few times.

not sad, but weird. make sure u actually want to do thw job, blood, gore, etc.