Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheist are you more excited about Christmas or Heaven?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Neither. One is a public holiday and the other doesn't exist.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Andy W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well as christmas is a holiday and heaven is a non-existent place dreamed up by religion then I would have to say christmas.

Although personally I could easily and would prefer to do away with the whole christmas consumer binge and false bonhomie it engenders.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Christmas! :D

I already made my list too, my parents would die if they new I was atheist after all those years of church and private school, so I just go along with the holiday till I move out. Not that I'm complaining! Cookies, gifts, and tree decorating is the shiz.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well seeing as I don't believe in heaven I'll go with christmas....Surprisingly I'm not a materialistic person (never would've guessed huh?) but I do enjoy spending time with my distant, obscure relatives...(you know the kind-the ones who end up wearing a lamp on their head at family functions) and I also enjoy the week off...

Source(s): Atheist
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely Christmas (formerly named Saturnalia or the winter solstice) because, unlike Heaven, it is not hypothetical and is very pleasant.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Corey
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well, since I know Christmas exists, Christmas. It's a fun celebration. Even some of the churchy bits. That doesn't mean I think it happened or that God is real.

Source(s): Atheists ends in an 's'.
  • 1 decade ago

FYI, December 25th is not even the birth of Christ, it's the Winter Solstice, which was used by the church to get people to convert more easily. Christ was born in May or June. It was a Pagan holiday before it was you Lord Jesus's "Birthday".

• 1 decade ago

Christmas exists; heaven doesn't.

Christmas means Roast Beast! NUM!

• -
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Christmas. I get to decorate the tree :c)

• 1 decade ago

Well, Heaven doesn't exist, so I'm going to go with the Winter Solstice celebrations on this one.

Source(s): Agnostic atheist
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.