Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

why do people say fedor is the best mixed martial artist?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To be considered THE best in MMA you need to have a good number of fights, none or few losses, and beaten a high quality of opponets. Fedor has done all of that.

First, Fedor has 33 fights in MMA. When a lot of fighters only have 15 fights or less, that is a good number of fights. It is ridiculous to heap too much praise on a guy like Brock Lesnar when he has only a total of 5 fights in MMA so far. So, for a guy, to be considered good like Fedor, and have that number of fights to his record means something.

Fedor has only suffered one loss in his career to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka. It was due to a cut by a punch and was done very early on in the first round. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9-knIGn-6c

Youtube thumbnail

. He avenged the "defeat" later on with a TKO against Kohsaka. So, this loss is very meaningless. Fedor, for all practical purposes, is still undefeated.

Fedor has beat some of the best MMA fighters that have every been:

- Ricardo Arona - Mark Coleman 2x's - Andrie Arloski

- Tsuyoshi Kohsaka - Kevin Randleman - Brett Rogers

- Semmy Schilt - Naoya Ogawa

- Heath Herring - Mirko Crocop

- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 3x's - Mark Hunt

- Kazuyuki Fugita - Matt Lindland

- Gary Goodridge - Tim Sylvia

Those are only the names I recognized as top conteders and champions. There may be names on his record that are very good too that I just didn't recognize. But, all of those fighters are considered very good and even great.

So, you put that all together with his dominating skills in stand-up striking and groundfighting and you have a bonafide great.

There is no other MMA fighter on the planet that can match Fedor in all of those categories.

He is THE best in MMA as of right now until someone can dethrone him. Even if that day comes and he is beat, he will still be considered one of the best MMA fighters of all-time without a doubt.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

He's the most well rounded fighter int he world at the moment. He has a record of 30 odd wins with 1 loss, but that loss was due to a cut.

The guy is simply a machine. He can stand with anybody, roll with anybody and has incredible strength, speed and conditioning.

Even all his peers agree - Fedor is the man. The only person I've heard say different recently is Frank Mir, who thinks he could beat Fedor, but I really couldn't see that happening (though they would match up pretty well).

Fedor may very well have been created in a lab somewhere in the Ukraine...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's destroyed all the who's who of all heavy weights. His only loss came when he was cut by an illegal elbow. If you ask any UFC fighter, they all agree Fedor is the best every. He just aint human, he's a michine. no matter what, he always finds a way to win. He would destroy Anderson Silva in the clinch or the ground. He would destroy GSP in stand up, wrestling and ground. Fedor would end up knocking out Lesnar if they ever fought.

• 1 decade ago

Look at his record, his wins against other superb fighters, and the span of his reign.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well i didnt say his the best,but he is good..but still he wasnt the best..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he **** ing in my *** now!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.