Do you think Brian Wilson will ever tour with the Beach Boys again?

The Beach Boys are coming to my town and I'm debating whether to go see them or not. I don't want to hear songs like Kokomo or the oldies being sung by Mike Love. Should I wait or take my best chance to see the legendary group?

• Lana H
    Favorite Answer

I HIGHLY doubt Brian will ever tour with Mike again, and if he does it won't be anytime in the near future. You can never say never with him though.

The first concert I ever went to was the "Beach Boys", unfortunately it was Mike Love (& Bruce) not THE Beach Boys. It was shorty after Carl died, and the commercials they played had Brian, Carl, Al, & Mike (& Bruce) riding in a car. Needless to say when I got there I was pretty disappointed to see just Mike (I didn't know who Bruce was at the time, ah the good ol days, lol) and no Brian or Al in sight. The concert was, in general ok, but no where near Beach Boy standards. Had I known then what I know now about how Mike trashed and exploited the band and how terrible he treated his cousins I would have never gone. There is no "legendary group" anymore. The Beach Boys as a band died with Carl & Dennis. The Beach Boys were the Wilsons. If I were you I would save your money and wait til Brian comes to your area. The last concert I was at was Brian's. His current tour is pretty amazing. You can certainly tell it's the same guy teaching the Wondermints that taught the Beach Boys. You couldn't get any closer to the orginal records unless Denny & Carl were there. I've been to alot of great concerts, but Brian's was definitely the best.

A recent article:

Unfortunately for Beach Boys fanatics, two-fifths appears to be as good as it's ever going to get. Wilson's brothers Dennis and Carl are dead, and legal battles with first cousin Love have pushed even the notoriously forgiving Brian to the breaking point.

When asked if it's still possible to have friendly relations with Love, Wilson replies, ``Not really too easily, no.''

When asked about the chances of a reunion, he says, simply, ``No chance.''