Christmas toys for nearly 2 year old?

He listens to the Elmo song and the Spongebob intro allllll day long and never gets tired of it, lol. So I was wondering, what big present are you getting your 2 year old? What small ones ?

Favorite Answer

So far we've got our 2 yr old Son:

-Puzzles

-Dirt Devil Cleaning set "Mop, Broom etc.." (promoting imaginary play, he shows interest in helping me when im doing these things)

-Train set "Thomas train set that you can connect other train sets with it, you think a 2yr old wouldn't be old enough for this but my son LOVES IT!! You flip the switch on thomas "he can do that himself" & watch thomas go round & round & through a cave" (we took a test drive with it before christmas hehe)

-Play Food

-Shopping Cart

-Black & Decker tool kit (which was given to him early, He loves it even though he doesn't understand it all he loves to go around with the hammer and screw driver & "fix" things lol) it will be a great learning tool for at least 2more years I'm sure, or more.

-Remote Control Car (he understands things like the remote, if you press this button his happens, turning off and on the lights "cause & effect" type deal..So I know he will love the car.

-Probably one of the little people play sets.

-Pot & Pan set.

-I am also thinking about the Tag Junior, But I am still trying to figure out if my son will use it or not.

-If you aren't getting you son power wheels then try one of those smaller 4wheelers you see with the characters on them at walmart, they are $49 & SO WORTH IT! My son LOVES his and It will last him another 6months or so "hes a BIG kid"...But he will definitely be ready for Power Wheels thats for sure. They are great, stay charged for weeks & have amazing reviews from others as well. It goes around 2-3mph and that doesnt sound like a lot of power but it is "plenty for a 2yr old", I showed my son how to use it and it pulls me I'm 150lbs hes just learning to steer a little, and to reverse with his feet.

I also wanted to say my son Is IN LOVE with Spongebob. His other favorite cartoons are Whats New Scooby Doo, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Oddparents, Wow Wow Wubzy, Yo Gabba Gabba..We dont have cable but do have dvds and he gets to watch an hr of tv a day spread out into 15 or 30minutes throughout the day. Just throwing those others out there because your son might interested in them as well, walmart has a lot of $5-$13 dvds with these cartoons & others and I'll probably do a few of those for Christmas as well, if we don't give the gift of cable as mom is going insane at times lol..

Good Luck! I am interested in the other answers you get as well, great question. :)

Source(s): Mom to 2yr old Noah. :)

If he's not an eater then matchbox cards are a great option. A rocking horse? Whatever you do, don't get any of those Micky Mouse toys (mickey motors, etc). They are absolutely useless junk. My son wanted a mickey motor so bad and when he got it we put it together and played for about15 minutes and that was it...the stuff only makes one lap before you have to crank it up again...boooring!

How about a set of nerf balls to kick and throw around. Or the Grow2Pro basketball hoop? Large legos(Mega Blocks)? These are all the things my 4 1/2 year old has had for at least 2 years and still uses almost daily, though he has moved to real legos now. He also loves glow sticks. ToysRUs has a WowWow Wubbzy activity center that looks pretty cool. How about a small dry erase board or doodle pad?

• Our big present for Lucy is going to be a trampoline. Her cousins have one and she loves it!

Little presents....(probably will seem like a lot but everytime I've bought her something for the last 6 months or so I've put them away for Christmas)

* Wiggles figures (the kind where you push a button on the bottom and it just flops)

* A big set of cookie cutters for her play-doh

* A mini golf set

* dominos

* a few books

* some "lacing" cards (cards with holes in them and shoe laces so she practise threading)

* Sandpit toys

* a few wooden puzzles

there's a few more bits and pieces but can't remember what

I also need to get her a special Christmas ornament for the tree... we got her one last year and one the year I was pregnant (so have to get one for this bub too this year) and will get her one every year

My DD will be 2 on 12/30. I am getting her a Tag Junior with some books. The rest are girly things like tea sets and play food so not sure if your DS is into that.

Oh I also got some bath toys, a Dora DVD, and puzzles.

this is what I am getting my two year old son/. http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Toddler-Pop-u... He'll be two on 12/29 and his little brother will be 10 months by then and he can crawl around in it too. As for small gifts, he loves curious george so I'll probably get him something to do with that and a bunch of little stocking sutffers (bath toys, socks, big boy underwear)

• Jayme

Things my now 3yo boy has loved in the past year...

Blocks, blocks, blocks. Wooden blocks. Lego blocks. Any sort of blocks.

Also any sort of cars.

Easy shape puzzles.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I know the rest of the Mickey Mouse stuff is junk, but my kids have loved the Clubhouse itself with all the characters)

Dinosaur figures

Chalk board

i got my 2 1/2 yr old daughter a F-150 power wheels, lincoln logs, Lego's, & a smart cycle that hooks to your tv that educates them.