I'm really pissed off at microsoft for not informing the public about the free upgrafe to windoes 7, agree?

I bought my laptop 1 month before microsoft broke the news about free windows 7 upgrade if you purchased your computer between april 26th 2009 and january 31st 2010. I would have waited. Now, when I tried to apply for the upgrade and stuff, they said that my computer was not eligible for the upgrade and I now have... show more I bought my laptop 1 month before microsoft broke the news about free windows 7 upgrade if you purchased your computer between april 26th 2009 and january 31st 2010. I would have waited. Now, when I tried to apply for the upgrade and stuff, they said that my computer was not eligible for the upgrade and I now have to pay FULL PRICE for windows 7. Isn't that something to be pissed off about? Shouldn't microsoft have warned the public that they were to be giving out free windows 7 upgrades?
Update: Corrections: Upgrade, Windows

LOL!