Why do non-muslims think that the ka'aaba?

is an idol. You think thats its an idol becasue we nauthubillah bow down to it. We do not bow down to it its the centre of the earth and Allah has commanded us to face the centre of the world (which has also been proven by numerous non-muslim scientists) which is where tha qibla is.. kaaba is.

Hazrat Bilal a.s stood on it and gave the call for prayer- does anybody stand on the idol they worship (nauthubillah)- NO.

What do you think?

Yes I know this question is less of a question and more of .. a lecture but please. No Harsh Comments.

Asalaamualakum.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ouzibillahi Mina shytan Al Rajeem

Bismillahi Al Rahman Al Raheem

Kaaba is the Qibla i.e. the direction Muslims face during their prayers. It is important to note that though Muslims face the Kaaba during prayers, they do not worship the Kaaba. Muslims worship and bow to none but Allah.

It is mentioned in Surah Baqarah:

"We see the turning of thy face (for guidance) to the heavens: now shall We turn thee to a Qiblah that shall please thee. Turn then thy face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque: wherever ye are, turn your faces in that direction." [Al-Qur’an 2:144]

Kaaba is at the Centre of the World Map

The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Kaaba was at the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Kaaba is at the centre of the world map.

Tawaaf around Kaaba for indicating one God

When the Muslims go to Masjid-e-Haram in Makkah, they perform tawaaf or circumambulation round the Kaaba. This act symbolizes the belief and worship of One God, since, just as every circle has one centre, so also there is only one Allah (swt) worthy of worship.

There is a POINT to all things, and where you POINT is something of signifigant value to Allah SWT!

As they turned and very few turned with them, surely that was a test and easy for the believers as the rest disputed the direction he was facing before he turned.

It was a very hard test for the disbelievers, yet it was nothing for us :)

Source(s): Ankaboot
  • 1 decade ago

At the time of the Prophet, people even stood on the Kaaba and gave the ‘adhaan’ or the call to prayer. One may ask those who allege that Muslims worship the Kaaba; which idol worshipper stands on the idol he worships?

Source(s): tnhz
  • 1 decade ago

because christianity is a simple religion, if they are saying we worship idols by bowing to them, then why do they do the same thing in thier church to the cross, so thier idol worshipers acocrding to thier simple minds to, they conderdict themselfs so much lol mybe because thier bibal conderdicts its self more then 200 times maybe lol but they also ask why we dont care about this world as much asthey do, thiers a diffrence between us and them, lol its called IMAN lol

salam

• HC
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

"centre of the world (which has also been proven by numerous non-muslim scientists)"

What? Mecca is 3,958 miles above the center of the earth, same as everywhere else on the surface of the earth. As an oblate spheroid, the earth's surface has no "center," though it does have poles and axes of rotation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I don't know, maybe for the same reason that many Muslims think Christians worship the statue of Christ that is in the church, stupidity. The difference is we don't pray to the statue, walk around it, throw stones at it, etc. and we don't act as it it has any power.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've never even thought of it, actually. What Muslims do in their spare time is their business, not mine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Astaghfirullah!! Who said this?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Narrated ‘Abis bin Rabia:

‘Umar bin al-Khattab: came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said, "No doubt, I know that you are a stone AND CAN NEITHER BENEFIT ANYONE NOR HARM ANYONE. Had I not seen Allah’s Apostle kissing you I would not have kissed you." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 26, Number 667)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well the fact that you bow to it and worship around it thinking the message is going to god, kind of shows the truth that is idol worship or if not very close it

• 1 decade ago

They are ignorant..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.