Is Google different on different computers?

i recently went to this person to ask about something on some website. On my computer, typing the name in, it came up. But when i did on the persons computer who i was asking, it didn't come up. a bunch completely different websites came up. I stood there looking like a fool.

so is there different Googles?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

That's abnormal. Google should display the websites you wanna see, regardless of the country domain extension. His PC is most likely infected with malware, as people have complained about website redirects.

Tell him to update his security software, and run a full system scan.

• Ferret
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I'm seeing something similar. Two computers, on the same Internet IP, neither with any kind of malware or anything, bringing up completely different search results. I don't think there are different (aside from the various countries) Googles, but I think Google is trying to tailor the rankings to something. Hell if I know what, though.

Source(s): Search engine optimization. My site, for one keyword, is ranking 62 on one computer, 24 on another, and 60 according to an external ranking checker. WTF?
  • 1 decade ago

actually, the first answers wrong aha its google.co.uk not .uk were different like that (: but anyway yeah, for example we celebrate Guy Fawkes night whereas the rest of the world doesn't, so the Google logo would be something to do with that. Hope i've helped (:

• 1 decade ago

Yes of course

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

lol, google.ca, google.com, google.uk

all different search areas!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.