Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can a foreign student obtain accommodation in Stockholm Sweden?

I've just been admitted to Stockholm University. I've never been there, but that's not the problem. The problem is: There seems to be a waiting-list for everything; only this list may require up to SIX YEARS of queuing.

If there's any Swedes here that can help, I'd be exhilarated.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, Im a student at SU as well, so first of all, welcome :)

Secondly, the best thing for you to do is to hit different housing sites and try to get yourself a sublease for a studio apartment, preferably within what we in Stockholm calls, 'Tullarna', which is basically the inner part of the city. You can try through various student-housing units but if I were you I'd stay away from those, they are notoriously difficult to get, they cost about the same as a private subleased apartment, they are often nasty and very, Very small.

Questions? E-Mail; ro3in@hotmail.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.