How can a foreign student obtain accommodation in Stockholm Sweden?

I've just been admitted to Stockholm University. I've never been there, but that's not the problem. The problem is: There seems to be a waiting-list for everything; only this list may require up to SIX YEARS of queuing.

If there's any Swedes here that can help, I'd be exhilarated.

contact: 6180340@gmail.com

Favorite Answer

Well, Im a student at SU as well, so first of all, welcome :)

Secondly, the best thing for you to do is to hit different housing sites and try to get yourself a sublease for a studio apartment, preferably within what we in Stockholm calls, 'Tullarna', which is basically the inner part of the city. You can try through various student-housing units but if I were you I'd stay away from those, they are notoriously difficult to get, they cost about the same as a private subleased apartment, they are often nasty and very, Very small.

Questions? E-Mail; ro3in@hotmail.com